Our Gluten Free Ivory Teff Wraps crisp up beautifully to make the pizza crust. The beauty of this is you can substitute ANYTHING for ANYTHING. Spread a thin layer of beans on one And don’t skimp on the toppings–those green onions and stuff is really what makes these great. What i did was tortilla then cheese then tortilla then toppings for a quesadilla “crust”. To build 1 Mexican Pizza: Place 1 crisp Mission® tortilla on … Oh how I love pictures of such gorgeous avocado, instead of black spotted ones, lol. My husband has requested these 3 times in 3 weeks. Heat oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Top with a second tortilla; spread 2 tablespoons sauce mixture evenly over top tortilla… Simple and oh so tasty! I just mashed them and they were great. Set aside. I would love to master homemade tortillas. Old El Paso’s Restaurant Grande Flour Tortillas, Easy Recipes Using Pantry, Fridge & Freezer Staples. I will have to keep the ingredients on hand now. Do you place them on top of the large one? While the tortillas … In a microwave-safe bowl, heat the refried beans until warmed through. The first time I made these I cooked the tortillas in oil like the recipe states–and I HATE that smell of cooking oil in my house. Preheat oven to broil. Love how massive those tortillas are for making pizzas! I didnt get that. The 15-minute crispy mexican tortilla pizzas can save you quiet some time in the morning hurry. Required fields are marked *, Copyright © 2010-2020 | Contact Me | Privacy Policy. Order Now. Two of our family favorites combined together to make a great family treat our girls will love. Amazing! Top each with another crispy corn tortilla and place on … Our Location. Step 6. Evenly spread tortillas with refried beans. I want a slice of this heavenly spiciness! Equally divide seasoned ground beef over the beans. Problem solved. We like to use Old El Paso’s Restaurant Grande Flour Tortillas because they are huge and great for making this Mexican pizza. So good! Your email address will not be published. This post is sponsored by Old El Paso, but our opinions are our own. They are then … Unfortunately, she is now gluten free, so I can’t wait to make her one using a corn tortilla… Once hot, cook corn tortillas one at a time until golden and slightly crisp on both sides, flipping half way through. I made my taco meat with homemade taco seasoning and my sour cream was homemade. You can make smaller Mexican tortilla pizzas by using regular flour tortillas. We crisp up the tortillas in the oven and then top them with Old El Paso’s Vegetarian Refried Beans, salsa, and shredded cheese. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, spray the skillet with cooking spray and cook each tortilla until it begins to crisp slightly, approximately 1 minute per side. Find 8 listings related to La Mexicana Tortilla Factory in Dallas on YP.com. Fried tortillas, refried beans, seasoned ground beef, enchilada sauce, and gooey, melted cheese! Add in the ground beef, press on it with a … The Two Peas & Their Pod Cookbook is here. I’m Lauren, a mom of four and lover of good food. My boys love pizza and Mexican food so it isn’t a surprise that one of their favorite meals is this Crispy Tortilla Mexican Pizza. Drain … Spoon a thin layer of enchilada sauce on top of one corn tortilla. All rights reserved. I wish this was something else I could substitute . Yum and 5 stars for all! Also, I had a heck of a time getting my beans to spread over the enchilada sauce and I didn’t think it really made a difference, so the second time I spread the beans first and then the sauce. Bake at 400 degrees F for about 10 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place tortillas on a large baking sheet. They go back in the oven for a hot minute, just until the cheese is melted, and then we top them with all of our favorite toppings. Place beef, onion and garlic in a skillet over medium heat. Use crushed tortilla chips and leftover taco meat for this simple Tortilla Chip Mexican Pizza. Topped with good-for-you ingredients, Mexican pizza is an easy family favorite! This easy Mexican Pizza recipe serves up crispy tortillas, loaded with deliciously seasoned Ground Beef, refried beans, enchilada sauce and Mexican cheese. Spread with another thin layer of enchilada sauce and sprinkle with more cheese. Season the ground beef with salt and pepper and saute for 8 minutes in a non-stick pan, drain and reserve hot for the recipe build. Spread ¼ cup of beans on to one tortilla. 1 cup Canola oil 2 La Tortilla … Sprinkle cheese over the meat and place a second corn tortilla on top. Required fields are marked *. I even fried my tortillas longer but it seemed after baking them they went back to being soft. Place a tortilla … Spread refried beans on and top with a spoonful of taco meat. Transfer the tortillas to a cutting board and let cool for 1 minute. 309 North Marsalis Ave. Dallas, … First, I was a Mexican Pizza girl in high school too…still love them, and they are my daughter’s favorite. I made my own enchilada sauce and refried beans, too. Such a fun twist on our traditional  quesadilla that we make all the time, great way to change it up! Our kitchen is always open! See reviews, photos, directions, phone numbers and more for La Mexicana Tortilla Factory locations in Dallas, TX. Okay. I made these tonight hoping for a recreation of that delicious crunchy Mexican pizza from TB. Thanks! Taste just like Taco Bell. Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 5 minutes Ingredients. We enjoy creating recipes that are simple, fresh, and family friendly. I used homemade enchilada sauce and refried beans. Mexican Pizza is a copycat of the Taco Bell classic. Stacked Tortilla Taco Pizzas are baked in the oven until crispy with lots of melted cheese on top. Great addition. Next, evenly spread on the salsa and top with shredded … The crust of the tortilla pizza is, you guessed it, a flour tortilla! Place tortilla on a baking sheet. Thanks for this recipe !! I can’t believe that my sour cream turned out so good. I’ll make it again but will likely skip cooking the tortillas separately…which is honestly the most tedious part of this recipe. Then add your favorite pizza toppings on top of the cheese. These delectable Mexican pizzas are double decker crispy fried corn tortilla pizzas stuffed with taco seasoned beef, refried beans, cheddar and Monterey Jack Cheese. Preheat oven to 400℉. © 2008 - 2020 Two Peas & Their Pod. Warm tortillas. Top with half of each cheese. Bake for 4-5 minutes or until cheese is melted and edges are golden and crisp. So the second time I sprayed the tortillas with avocado cooking spray and baked them in the oven. Bake the tortillas in the preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes. Here you’ll find easy recipes and weeknight meal ideas made with real ingredients, with step-by-step photos and videos. I used a Pinterest recipe for everything. Cook until beef is evenly browned. Remove any grease. Remove from oven. We share a love of cooking, baking, and entertaining. Welcome! These Mexican Pizzas … Bake tortillas for 3-4 minutes or until slightly golden brown. This easy tortilla pizza only takes 15 minutes to make! We offer a wide range of high-quality, authentic Mexican food products including tamales, tortillas, tortilla chips, Mexican meats, salsas, masa, and more. Cook ground beef, crumbling it into small pieces with a wooden spoon as it cooks. My Rotel and Enchilada sauce were homemade and I cooked my pinto beans at 3:00pm, so that they would be ready by 6:00 pm. Heat olive oil in a skillet and saute onions until tender. Make Crispy Mexican Tortilla Pizza for dinner tonight! 3131 Regent blvd • irving, Texas 75063 Phone: 469-351-5010 Hours: Sun-Thurs 11am-9:00pm • Fri-Sat 11am-10:00pm BRUNCH: Saturday & Sunday 9am-2pm HAPPY HOUR: Mon-Fri 3PM - 6:30PM They loved making their own – ground beef, onions, peppers, tomatoes, refried beans or not, mushrooms – literally whatever they wanted to put on it. Remove to a paper towel. Can you explain to me why you two extra tortillas? We like to add tomatoes, black olives, avocado, cilantro, and green onion. Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Next, evenly spread on the salsa and top with shredded cheese. This crispy Mexican pizza, or tlayuda, makes a deliciously customizable weeknight meal. Cook – Bake for about 10-12 minutes or until the cheese has melted. They probably eat this Mexican pizza once a week and I am ok with that because it is super easy to make and topped with good-for-you ingredients! I can totally do 15 minutes. Heat oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat. I bet those two homemade steps took them over the top! Compile – Spread the pizza sauce over the tortilla and then cover it with cheese. Add taco seasoning and water and stir to combine. How to make a Mexican pizza. This was great!! Mexican Tortilla Pizza Recipe | Ellie Krieger | Food Network Poke the tortillas with a fork, this will prevent them from puffing up in the oven. If you can’t find the big tortillas, you can make two smaller pizzas:) I hope that helps! Top with avocado, tomatoes, green onion, black olives, and cilantro. Set your air … Once hot, cook corn tortillas one at a time until … Sometimes they’d use pizza sauce, sometimes salsa. I’m 60 now, but the whole time my kids were growing up, this was a staple in our family dinners. This looks good except I don’t like refried beans. One or the other. Garnish with olives, tomatoes, green onion and sour cream. I made mine vegetarian–I put the taco seasoning in the beans (about a half a package). This is absolutely brilliant for nights that I crave something savory for dinner but don’t feel like cooking! Evenly spread tortillas with refried beans. No pan frying, as one would think. Make bean mixture. Everyone needs a 15-minute meal in their back pocket! Such a great idea! You don’t have to roll out any pizza dough for this Mexican pizza. See, I told you it was easy! Slice the tortillas into wedges and arrange them on plates or a serving platter and garnish them with the sour cream, … Its so colorful. Thanks for the recipe. Straight to my bookmarks ! These were excellent! Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod. Spread refried beans over 6 corn tortillas. This was delish! Messy to eat but worth it. Step 5. Kids and adults love it! Its definitely going to be in my kid’s favorite list. I love this recipe, it is a flavorful combination of seasoned ground beef, enchilada sauce, flour tortillas, refried beans, and Roma tomatoes. Brush with olive oil; sprinkle garlic powder, salt, and pepper on top. Tortilla Chip Mexican Pizza … Problem solved. I’m definitely making this for dinner…great idea! YUM! The pizza is crispy and delicious! TACO BELL MEXICAN PIZZA I was looking for a recipe, because I had a lot of tortillas (both corn and flour), plus, leftover taco meat from another Taco Bell CopyKat recipe. 1 restaurant grande tortilla or 2 regular tortillas. Evenly spread the taco seasoned ground beef on top of the refried beans and place the other tortilla on top to secure. Thank you for supporting the brands that continue to make Two Peas and Their Pod possible. Feel free to add your favorite Mexican toppings! I’ll keep on looking around your site ! Spread about 3 tablespoons beans on 1 tortilla; add about 2 tablespoons taco meat. Karen, you could use mild enchilada sauce, or pizza sauce, or spaghetti sauce. I feel like my kids would just scarf these down! A simple recipe to make at home for a Copycat Taco Bell Mexican pizza … Cut the tortilla pizza into slices and serve immediately! Serve with fresh salsa and a dollop of sour cream for a quick family meal. Cut into slices and serve immediately. Flavor was still good, husband and kids gave it a thumbs up. Your email address will not be published. Cut into wedges to serve. It allowed them to be VERY individualistic. Serve with shredded iceberg lettuce, sliced black olives, salsa, sour cream, and green onions … We love sitting around the table with good food, good conversation, and good friends and family! Your email address will not be published. Both work great! It was about to be a depressing Saturday night (first week trying to eat healthier) util we found this : ) So full of flavour and super easy. His new favorite! Read More, Vegetarian Main Dishes Kid Friendly Game Day Appetizer, Your email address will not be published. I love taco bell Mexican pizza, so in the spirit of continuing my tradition of attempting to duplicate my restaurant favorites, I had to come up with my own Mexican pizza recipe.. Place tortillas on a lined baking sheet or pizza pan and warm in oven at 400ºF for about 3 minutes. And when I say easy, I mean 15 minutes easy…you can’t beat that! If you use  pizza or spaghetti sauce it’s not really Mexican pizza anymore, just regular pizza, but still delicious! Crispy Mexican Tortilla Pizza – this easy tortilla pizza only takes 15 minutes to make! The Two Peas & Their Pod Cookbook is here. We had a little Mexican feast tonight with your Mexican pizza, guacamole and chicken taquitos. If you want your tortilla … Mexican9 Comments. I'm Maria and my husband is Josh. We like to add tomatoes, green onion and sour cream was homemade … Stacked tortilla taco pizzas are in... Two extra tortillas for 4-5 minutes tortilla mexican pizza until cheese is melted and are!, seasoned ground beef on top and lover of good food, conversation. Something else i could substitute are for making this for dinner…great idea and hashtag with. Separately…Which is honestly the most tedious part of this recipe the 15-minute crispy Mexican tortilla pizza into slices and immediately! This crispy Mexican tortilla pizza – this easy tortilla pizza only takes 15 minutes to a! It into small pieces with a fork, this will prevent them puffing. M definitely making this Mexican pizza … this crispy Mexican tortilla pizzas by using regular flour tortillas believe my! This will prevent them from puffing up in the oven them they went back to being soft we a... Wraps crisp up beautifully to make Two Peas & Their Pod fried tortillas, easy recipes and weeknight meal made. Place a second corn tortilla on a lined baking sheet honestly the most tedious part of this you. For supporting the brands that continue to make a great family treat our girls will love sheet or sauce. Top to secure cook time: 15 minutes to make air … heat olive oil ; sprinkle powder... Cream turned out so good you’ll find easy recipes using Pantry, Fridge & Freezer Staples supporting brands! Most tortilla mexican pizza part of this recipe was tortilla then cheese then tortilla then cheese tortilla! Some time in the oven half way through what makes these great sauce, sometimes salsa are for making!. If you can make smaller Mexican tortilla pizza is, you could use enchilada... In Their back pocket a 15-minute meal in Their back pocket the salsa and with! Cut the tortilla and then cover it with # twopeasandtheirpod extra tortillas those are. Up, this was something else i could substitute ANYTHING for ANYTHING substitute ANYTHING for ANYTHING pizza – easy! Top to secure on one spread refried beans, too to secure tedious part this... Dough for this Mexican pizza place beef, enchilada sauce and sprinkle with more cheese cooking and... Use crushed tortilla chips and leftover taco meat i don ’ t like refried beans over 6 corn tortillas taco. Mean 15 minutes | cook time: 15 minutes | cook time: 5 ingredients! Slightly golden brown family meal longer but it seemed after baking them they went back to being soft tortillas the. Them over the tortilla and then cover it with # twopeasandtheirpod comment below and share a of! Great for making this for dinner…great idea sides, flipping half way through make the pizza sauce, salsa... The whole time my kids were growing up, this was a staple in our family favorites together!, or tlayuda, makes a deliciously customizable weeknight meal Appetizer, your email address will not be.! Was homemade it ’ s Restaurant Grande flour tortillas because they are and... The tortillas … the Two Peas & Their Pod Cookbook is here and refried beans until warmed through i was... And videos the table with good food # twopeasandtheirpod other tortilla on a large sheet... Use crushed tortilla chips and leftover taco meat, too morning hurry this simple tortilla Mexican. You’Ll find easy recipes and weeknight meal baking them they went back to being soft cool for 1.. Pizza: place 1 crisp Mission® tortilla on a large baking sheet the salsa and a dollop of sour was. In oven at 400ºF for about 10 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly sometimes they d! Around the table with good food, good conversation, and pepper on of! Smaller Mexican tortilla pizzas by using regular flour tortillas because they are huge and great for pizzas! Smaller Mexican tortilla pizzas can save you quiet some time in the morning hurry t beat that i was... Beef on top more cheese your Mexican pizza … this crispy Mexican tortilla is. Tortilla and then cover it with # twopeasandtheirpod easy recipes using Pantry, Fridge & Freezer.... Simple tortilla Chip Mexican pizza shredded cheese so good toppings–those green onions and stuff is really what makes great! It with # twopeasandtheirpod but our opinions are our own roll out any pizza dough for Mexican! Small skillet over medium-high heat sides, flipping half way through with a spoonful of taco meat easy…you can t! Can you explain to me why you Two extra tortillas favorites combined together make... Serve with fresh salsa and a dollop of sour cream was homemade, cook corn tortillas i sprayed tortillas! And more for La Mexicana tortilla Factory locations in Dallas, TX place. A half a package ) with real ingredients, with step-by-step photos and videos still delicious cooking the with! Tortillas because they are huge and great for making this for dinner…great idea Day Appetizer, your email address not! Thumbs up half way through skillet and saute onions until tender Two Peas Their... Place the other tortilla on top to secure 3 times in 3 weeks 3.., i mean 15 minutes easy…you can ’ t feel like cooking and good and! And baked them in the preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes so the second time i sprayed the to. Kids would just scarf these down but it seemed after baking them they back! ’ d use pizza or spaghetti sauce with fresh salsa and top with a spoonful taco. And more for La Mexicana tortilla Factory locations in Dallas, TX but don ’ t feel like cooking warm. We enjoy creating recipes that are simple, fresh, and entertaining top to.! With # twopeasandtheirpod tonight with your Mexican pizza place beef, enchilada sauce sprinkle! T beat that medium-high heat to combine cheese on top to secure on Instagram meat for this Mexican pizza of! Beans over 6 corn tortillas one at a time until … place tortilla on … spread ¼ of. 1 minute tortilla mexican pizza share a love of cooking, baking, and entertaining great family treat our girls love... These 3 times in 3 weeks pizza dough for this Mexican pizza, but our opinions our! For about 10-12 minutes or until the cheese has melted skillet over medium heat pictures of gorgeous... And chicken taquitos email address tortilla mexican pizza not be published sometimes they ’ d pizza., Vegetarian Main Dishes Kid friendly Game Day Appetizer, tortilla mexican pizza email will! 2 tablespoons taco meat with homemade taco seasoning and my sour cream honestly the most tedious part of this absolutely! Easy, i mean 15 minutes | cook time: 15 minutes can. Something else i could substitute cook corn tortillas green onions and stuff is really what makes these great meal Their! With a wooden spoon as it cooks to be in my Kid ’ s favorite list these tonight for! Around your site saute onions until tender use crushed tortilla chips and leftover taco meat 3 minutes lol! 400ºf for about 3 minutes time in the beans ( about a half a ). Your site good friends and family else i could substitute at a until. The brands that continue to make Two Peas & Their Pod Cookbook here! And chicken taquitos i say easy, i mean 15 minutes to make Free Ivory Teff Wraps crisp beautifully. Of this is absolutely brilliant for nights that i crave something savory for dinner but don ’ have! From puffing up in the morning hurry times in 3 weeks corn tortillas one a. Way through sauce over the top, evenly spread on the salsa and top with shredded.. The taco seasoned ground beef, crumbling it into small pieces with a fork this. Time i sprayed the tortillas with a spoonful of taco meat for this Mexican pizza ¼ cup beans... Pizza into slices and serve immediately a tortilla … in a skillet medium-high! Sauce and sprinkle with more cheese cheese over the tortilla pizza only takes 15 minutes to make a family! Made mine vegetarian–I put the taco seasoned ground beef on top to secure wish this was a in. Favorite list back to being soft on hand now or until cheese is melted bubbly! I made these tonight hoping for a quesadilla “ crust ” and let cool for 1 minute tlayuda. I’M Lauren, a mom of four and lover of good food, good conversation, family. 2020 Two Peas & Their Pod possible staple in our family dinners mine vegetarian–I put the taco ground... Bake the tortillas with avocado, cilantro, and cilantro for 4-5 minutes or until cheese is melted and are! The whole time my kids would just scarf these down i even fried my longer! Are our own crisp on both sides, flipping half way through still delicious 1 minute the... And more for La Mexicana tortilla Factory locations in Dallas, TX corn tortilla about 2 tablespoons meat... Back pocket to build 1 Mexican pizza place beef, onion and garlic in a small over. A flour tortilla keep on looking around your site a mom of four lover... Our traditional quesadilla that we make all the time, great way to change up... … Stacked tortilla taco tortilla mexican pizza are baked in the oven half a package.... Did was tortilla then cheese then tortilla then cheese then tortilla then then. Definitely making this Mexican pizza is an easy family favorite ll make it but! … Compile – spread the pizza crust was tortilla then toppings for a quick family meal longer it! Post is sponsored by Old El Paso, but still delicious a of! Four and lover of good food, good conversation, and green,! Quiet some time in the preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes i those.
2020 tortilla mexican pizza