This great vessel can comfortably fit groups of 10 people. School by school they move in and around PPB, eventually peaking early November or late October depending on the moon. Read more. The Snell Rig probably port Phillip bay’smost used rig. Download over 1180+ fishing spots in Port Phillip Bay, Victoria, AU . Hopefully these come in handy for other fisherman out there. I would recommend having 3 rigged with snelled hooks and the other with a Reedy’s Rigs. With Some wind about Its a Sure bet Some Snapper Will be in Close In the Reef country Out from Mt Eliza 5 to 14 meters Deep . It's a friendly group so any one not doing the right thing will be removed.enjoy. * Be on the water at the right time – Sunset & Sunrise are fantastic, but in the season the fish will bite any time of day its generally just a matter of finding them so don’t just give it up . Reds generally display fairly large on your sounder, pinkies will look the same but smaller. Organize Family Days, Christmas Parties, Social Club Outings, Corporate Challenges, Buck's Parties or just give a gift voucher, anyway you do it, just do it! ____. Tired of fishing the same spots? High season is February to May and October to December. This migration is believed to be due to the fishes’ urge to breed. though Summer tho it gets harder to catch a red the later into summer. Overcast days with a breeze of 10-15km/hr are perfect for Port Phillip Bay snapper fishing. Although it is extremely shallow for its size, most of the bay is navigable. Fresh bait is best, so we have put in quality time catching our own Squid, Salmon, Garfish and small Barracouta. Early season when the fish go shallow is when I fish this rig most . Early Season Snapper Port Phillip Bay A video Catching September Reds Early season is from end of August (around the full moon) to mid-October map below. Some of Australia’s big names in seafood, including red snapper and King George whiting, lurk in these waters. * In Port Phillip bay there are many scallop beds that hold fish, observe your anchor when it comes up , in the past, I have found scallop shells in the clumps of mud on the anchor, a sure way to know yours in a good spot. How i catch a Port Phillip bay Snapper , Tips Sounding and Setting up For a Melbourne Red . On this page i will Give a Few Tip’s on how and where to target a few fish Species along with a video Showing how I do it. then Simply adjust the sensitivity up and down as you go , but only if i need .. i rarely touch it , they stick out u know when u see a red. If your looking for a Christmas Snapper for the dinner table or are on holiday’s over at Rosebud Caravan Parks, below are some great areas to fish. There is Plenty of Pinkies in the bay , some good fishing ground’s are St kilda to Parkdale in close there are plenty of reef’s & rocky area . Experience the thrill when the Big Red Snapper takes the bait and the scream of the reel. The other rig. Burley: Making it Yourself Easy Fishing Hack. As for lure’s it’s my opinion that only experienced fishermen should use them. This rig is great for full Bait’s such as pilchards, Silver Whiting ,squid heads etc. Not much chop at using it though. It will keep that all in order so that’s why I use the sinker. but in my boat I’m always fishing at least four rods or normally 8 so to keep those rods in an even spread so they’re not tangling up with each other, I Use size 1 Ball Sinker. Port Phillip (also commonly referred to as Port Phillip Bay or (locally) just The Bay), is a large bay in southern Victoria, it is the location of Melbourne.Geographically, the bay covers 1,930 square kilometres (480,000 acres) and the shore stretches roughly 264 km (164 mi). I have included some video’s from rig tying, to me fishing out on Port Phillip Bay. Port Phillip Bay Snapper Fishing Charters September - February Where and When Do Snapper Migrate? Image of some early season spots in close 5-7 meters up near Melbourne looks for reef edges. but Saying all this just make the effort and go South Mt Martha as i said above. Rip Charters: Fishing Charters. I have caught literally … I use a Shimano Sienna 4000 spooled with mono 17/lb on a Sonic Pro 6/8 kg stick which is reasonably cheap. Grab your mate and get out for a fish this Year!.. Information gathered in recent years strongly suggests snapper and pinkie numbers around Port Phillip Bay and Western Port are flourishing. In this video I run though My Fishing Technics. Weekly fishing report for Western Port, Port Phillip Bay and beyond for November 26th 2020. It’s during this period each year that large numbers of ocean going Snapper enter Port Phillip Bay. *When sounding for snapper a little faster than trolling pace is the best, put the sensitivity up a little think it as a volume knob to give you more power, but don’t overdo it . Fishing fresh baits of mackerel, pike and squid give you an excellent chance of the snapper as well as gummies. I find the first run of Snapper in Port Phillip bay is just before early September or late August around the Full Moon. Your email address will not be published. The Lonsdale Bight is a solid early season destination. On this page I’ll be talking about fishing from a boat, but if your a land-based fisherman you may learn something. , I don’t sound the fish up here, i simply Set up, and wait for them to come thru, its normally a pretty good area to fish this time of year. I find from Mordialloc to Carrum are the great place’s to fish in November, then towards Frankston/Mornington in early December. Squid Fishing Port Phillip bay is Fantastic fun and is easy to do. Stay tuned. This allows for a smaller barb size and a thinner, more tapered point for hooking fish. Please Note After Xmas I fish deep I can’t cover using sonar in depth here though I would prefer to make a video on sounding. some would already be here mate . Fishing Report Port Phillip Bay Melbourne Snapper Season 2016/17. Below is 91cm snapper I caught at the start of September on 4/0, 5/0 snelled hooks. 10x Snapper Rig Pre Tied Paternoster Fishing Rig Size 8/0 PinkBlitz 2.0, 4x Snapper Rig Pre Tied Paternoster Fishing Rig Size 8/0 PinkBlitz 2.0, 3x Whiting Rig Tinganoster Running RIG | Bloodworm, 10x Snapper Rig Pre Tied Paternoster Fishing Rig Size 5/0 PinkBlitz 2.0, Whiting Single Hook UV Fly Size #6 Reedy’s 8 Pack of Hook’s, 25 Pce 1/0 Fishing Circle Hooks Japanese Steel Octopus, 10x Reedy’s Ultra Rig Pre Tied on 80lb leader Lumo 6/0 hooks & Uv Flasher, 10x Scallop Ultra Rigs 5/0 80lb Leader Glow’s in Dark, Snapper Fishing Hook’s Circle 1/0 2/0 3/0 4/0 5/0 6/0 7/0 8/0 9/0, 4x Reedy’s Snell Hook Running Rig 6/0 Pre Made Fishing Tied 40lb Leader Tied For Snapper, 6x Whiting Rigs Paternoster Fishing Rig with Uv Fly Bloodworm Size 6, Pack of 8/0 Circle Hook’s Offset Heavy Guage Japanase Made Reedy’s Dominator, 10x Snapper Rig Midnight 5/0 Ultra Rig Pack 80lb Paternoster Pre Tied, 10x Snapper Rig Lumo 5/0 Ultra Rig Pack 80lb Paternoster Pre Tied, 25 Pce 4/0 Snapper Hooks High Quality Fishing Tackle Pick Size, 2x Stubby Holder Fishing Snapper Reedy’s if you Chum we will Come, My Boat Set up for Bait Fishing Targeting Australian Snapper Video, Depth Charts Port Phillip Bay Sounding Upgrade Gps Easy,
At night turn the sensitivity right back. COVID-19. View all Reports View all Saltwater Reports View all Freshwater Reports. With Port Phillip Bay & Western Port prime destinations to target big reds. School by School they move in and around PPB, eventually peaking early November or late October depending on the Moon. There is no closed season. They hold up to professional standards, and you can take advantage of their circle or octopus design with its straight shank. When I am moving faster than a slow trolling speed I turn the sensitivity up, just so there’s a little clutter on the screen. What People Are Saying About Snapper (Pink) Fishing in Port Phillip Bay "Grate morning trip for Snappers" Gert Hvarregaard fished with Melbourne Fishing Charters on November 29, 2017 . FAQs; Links; Fishing Trips. S3816003 E14440409 S3816141 E14440846 S3816223 E14440677 S3817710 E14440802 S3814855 E14443046 S3817416 E14440963 S3817804 E14440277 S3816823 E14440053 King flood tide/slack … A 2Kg 3Kg fish are still good fish but would be better suited to 4/0 size hooks. This a good Video To new Anglers and Guys that want to come on a holiday to Melbourne In November Though December & January … Self Taught there is alot to it , this just the basic.. The annual migration of snapper from well offshore in Bass Strait and the Southern Ocean, to the inshore reef systems of Bass Strait and Port Phillip Bay is a highly anticipated event for many anglers. Snell Hook Rig I Fishing In Port Phillip Bay Snapper  How To Tie it Video. * After rough weather try fishing in shallow, on the edge of a reef – Mordialloc and Ricketts Point are great Area’s. Subscribe To Our Channel We Have Fun & Go Fishing In Port Phillip Bay Beyond From Tips & Tricks, Early Season Snapper Port Phillip Bay A video Catching September Reds. When I’m fishing in shallow water on a reef ground, I may use 2 of each rig style. A few tips to get you fishing. Home; About Us. Catches of flathead, bream, calamari, whiting, pinkies and snapper are all possible. n December Around Xmas 2/3 Of the Snapper will start to filter out the Bay (according to Fishery’s Charts). Let’s face it not every snapper is going to be a huge one. Weekly Fishing Report For November 19th 2020 - Tackle World Cranbourne & Mornington. Light lines and pea sinkers give way to heavier rods and reels spooled with braid, and snapper leads that start at about 250g and are changed to suit the tempo of the tidal stream during the course of the fishing… We supply all the rods, reels, lines, lures and the freshest bait to … Snapper Read More » There are a few extra bits of tackle you need in this part of the Bay, the current starts to run, so it’s important to upgrade your sinkers (lead) and Leaders to at least 60lb. And Big Kingfish to over 11kg. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
, Hey reedy, At the southern end of Port Phillip Bay, there are strong currents. All I will say though is you should at least get a reel with a half decent drag system on it. Melbourne Port Phillip Bay Snapper with Pro Red Fishing Charters Melbourne catching Snapper to 11kg. I’ll admit I’m not the best writer, but I’m a real fisherman. Winter Fishing Port Phillip Bay is Fantastic. The Mornington Peninsula is a mecca for snapper anglers, with access to the 2 incredible fisheries of Port Phillip Bay and Western Port the chance to boat a fish that is the icon of Victorian Sport fishing is greatly increased. Love your work mate, awesome stuff. Below is a list of GPS coordinates for fishing spots which i stumbled upon on Facebook a while back. Snapper Fishing in Port Phillip Bay, Melbourne has never been better. *Always check your drag setting’s, before casting your spread of rods, I set mine to under 1kg of pressure maybe 3/4 of kg , in recent times I prefer lighter drags & going easy on the fish .. Below is 91cm snapper I caught at the start of September on 4/0, 5/0 snelled hooks. Reedy’s Rigs New Whiting Rigs with a Thin Guage Hook Perfect for KGW. Fishing Report Port Port Phillip This Week See Red’s Out Wide Out From Frankston From 18 meter to 22 Meters as the Snapper start to Push South . The New Rig has UV & Flasher with a Small Red Bead . Fishing in Port Phillip Bay. With Some wind about Its a Sure bet Some Snapper Will be in Close In the Reef country Out from Mt Eliza 5 to 14 meters Deep . Port Phillip Bay Snapper Fishing Charters October 8th 2016 Reel Time Fishing Charters. On this page, I will give some Tips & a Video on Catching a Squid. So it’s important to upgrade your Sinkers (lead) and Leaders to atleast 40lb, i Perfer 80lb in this area just because, gummys & other sharks .. Big January to June Snapper In Port Phillip Bay, General tips to help you catch a Port Phillip Bay snapper, Catch a fish : Snapper Fishing Charters on Port Phillip Bay Covering an impressive 2000 square kilometres, the bay is more than an entrance to Melbourne’s busiest port: it’s an angling enthusiast’s haven. Teflon Coating: All 187 Hooks are designed for extended life and performance. Knowing which rig is best & when to fish it can be somewhat tricky. 3.9K likes. How to video. Our files contain artificial and natural reefs, buoys, ledges, rocks, shipwrecks , and many other types of structures that hold fish, in a 100 miles radius of Port Phillip Bay. A bait runner is a popular reel combo on a fiberglass rod, but that’s really entirely up to you and your budget. Over the years fishing, Port Phillip Bay is generally considered to use a snelled twin hooks to rig a full pilchard bait. This rig is used for offshore fishing and in Melbourne port Phillip bay , also used in Brisbane's morten bay the paternoster type rig is excellent and we have had many fishing reports from Sydney snapper scene. Lure Fishing Braid is my Choice. When Booking your Snapper Fishing Charters simply go to our Book Online Button on the Top right-hand side of the page, if you are an Individual or if you would like to book the boat for your Snapper Fishing experience it's this simple. * Always use burley – I made a video on how to make your own burley Below Many anglers feel that snapper fishing is 'off the table' in Port Phillip, the truth is there are some quality fish still in the bay and they are there to be caught. Awesome mate, so simple, very well explained. There is no best snapper rig in port Phillip Bay. You will come across Gummy Sharks and Big Flathead and Whiting. Port Phillip Bay Snapper Fishing Charters September - February Where and When Do Snapper Migrate? But I like a silver whiting head Pinned through the nose. Enjoy the comfort of Imagine That, a 37ft Steber that is … So, there’s always been a lot of talk about unweighted and weighted on the Snell rigs, If you can get away with unweighted use an unweighted rig. Techniques used for snapper fishing aboard Gone Fishing Charters are variable depending on locations. Snapper is an iconic fish species around Melbourne and Victoria. Then the spawning process starts, this is when you begin to find “Christmas Tree’s” on your sounder (school’s of snapper spawning that looks like a Xmas tree image’s below), which will continue up till around Christmas, then the majority of the fish will leave the bay. Port Phillip fishing spots Western Port fishing spots VIC fishing regulations VIC marine parks. For bait I prefer to use Sandy’s silver whiting and Gotcha Supa pilchard. and they keep coming up until start of November .. you see alot of catches around ether side of the next moon , oct 6 , they will also be scatted around the bay until start november .. then usually up near ricketts to carrum is the place to be .. cant wait to get out and have a crack .. best of luck cheers, G’day Reedy, <>Signup for our Newsletter!<> I use size 4/0 187 Hooks (octopus Style) you can catch big fish on small hooks. We head out into the bay to catch a feed for People in Need of some Fish for xmas . but i know it’s a good sounder , im just not that experienced with it .. sorry i couldn’t help more , cheers and best of luck for the season. Finding Snapper Paul explains the areas and the structure that hold snapper in Port Phillip Bay during winter. Jaysons Largest Snapper to be caught aboard Pro Red Fishing Charters in Port Phillip Bay Snapper is an Awsome 10.82kg and Westernport Snapper to over 9kg !!!!! Hopefully these come in handy for other fisherman out there. Offering some of the best fishing in Victoria, this expanse of water is home to a wide range of marine species that appreciate its varying depths. Great for most parts of the bay. Port Phillip bay's Snapper Fishing Charters - Patterson Lakes - Carrum, how-to book?When Booking your Snapper Fishing Charters simply go to our Book Online Button on the top right-hand side of the page, if you are an Individual or if you would like to book the boat for your Snapper Fishing experience it's this simple. Port Phillip Bay, Western Port Bay, Gippsland Lakes, Phillip Island and Lakes Entrance Coastal. In season possible target species include Snapper, Gummy Shark, King George Whiting, Australian Salmon, Trevally, Sweep, Flathead, Barracouta and Reef . Cheers. *Don’t confuse bait on the sounder with snapper. Is probably my favourite rig to be honest. Buy Your’s Here, 4/0 Ultra Rig Have hit the Market this Year Hand Tied On Quality Tackle  Need 4/0 Rigs Click Here, How To Tie a Port Phillip Bay Snapper Rig There is no best snapper rig in port Phillip Bay. Enjoy the comfort of Imagine That, a 37ft Steber that is the most comfortable boat in the state. Snapper Fishing Charters Port Phillip Bay - Martha Cove. just takes time to find them. If you have fresh bait, by all means, use that. Below are some images taken on my Lowrance Hds & Ellie Chirp sounder, the setting I use is auto & simply adjust the sensitivity up & down depending on the return & clarity of the water. Tied On Flurocarbon Leader this Rig will Be A Hit This Summer. Look forward to many more fishing reports and videos to come. The Teflon coating enhances the penetration of the hook. In December Around Xmas 2/3 Of the Snapper will start to filter out the Bay (according to Fishery’s Charts). I believe that using a lure is not a more productive way to catch a red, its simply another method to use when your sick of catching them on bait and you feel you want to challenge yourself. 5hr trips include quality silstar rods, Pen reels, bait tackle tea coffee . there is bait everywhere out there Pilchards & Scad try catching the Scad on a Sabaiki jig & using them for fresh bait. This, however, is a year-round fishing destination. Snapper start migrating from the ocean into Port Phillip Bay at the end of winter which is a trickle of fish at first and mass of schools towards the end of October & start of November. My name is Brett  as I’m the owner of Reedy’s Rigs it’s literally my job to know what rigs work best in port Phillip Bay. View Map Early Season Fishing Spots Bigger Click Here, To tie fishing rigs with snelled hooks perfectly for Port Phillip Bay. We supply all the rods, reels, lines, lures and the freshest bait to … Snapper Read More » Fishing Port Phillip Bay. Reds use the big spring tides around the Full Moon to migrate into the Bay and over the next two Moon’s leading up to November. On this [...], Fishing for southern Bluefin tuna our short video fishing out Port Fairy. Port Phillip is quite different from its “sister” waterway of Western Port, with much of it being deeper, and mostly without drying flats. Buy Pack’s of 25 5/0 187 Hook By Reedy’s Rigs  High Quality Japanse Made Fishing Hook . On this page i will Give a Few [...], The Garfish are think around Port Phillip Bay. Fishing Gps Marks Melbourne Snapper Spots Port Phillip Bay Western Port. Low season is August to September. In Port Phillip Bay, long leaders (1.5m), size 4/0 hooks, and sinkers that vary from 4-12oz depending on tidal strength and location are the norm. Squid Fishing is Pretty Simple Tie on a Squid Jig. * When there is wind against the current/tide you can bridle your boat if its not too rough, or do what I do and change the rigs to 2 flasher rigs and 2 snelled rigs. Snapper starts migrating from the ocean into Port Phillip Bay at the end of winter which is a trickle of fish at first and mass of schools towards the end of October & the start of November. What settings do you use on your sounder I have a Lorance elite 7x hdi and em having trouble setting it up any tip would be great. First of I love your work. Getfished has put it into a quick view saltwater chart, a grid showing how far … Go Fishing - Port Phillip Bay Spot 1 - Queenscliff Pier The town of Queenscliff holds many attractions for families, tourists and holiday makers and is located on the south-western side of Port Phillip Bay. Port Phillip Bay is a world-class fishing location famous for its annual snapper run between October and March. The Perfect Snapper Fishing Day I get Paul to describe the conditions that lend themselves to hot snapper bites. Yellowtail Kingfish to over 12KG and Gummy Sharks to 25KG , Makos ,Squid ,King George Whiting ,Salmon, and Great Southern Bluefin Tuna to 110KG . Go Fishing - Port Phillip Bay Spot 1 - Queenscliff Pier The town of Queenscliff holds many attractions for families, tourists and holiday makers and is located on the south-western side of Port Phillip Bay. This will continue every month through late August to early November. Snapper. Fishing is one of the many favourite pastimes for many people. *Spawning Snapper will stack up and look like a Xmas tree, like in the images on my sounder, the Xmas tree itself will wide say 2-3 meters and as high, smaller trees are pinkies blobs are bait. SNAPPER Jump on board our custom built fishing machine and chase the iconic Port Phillip Bay Snapper (Pagrus Auratus). Our files contain artificial and natural reefs, buoys, ledges, rocks, shipwrecks, and many other types of structures that hold fish, in a 100 miles radius of Port Phillip Bay. Snapper (Pink) fishing in Port Phillip Bay is highly variable throughout the year. Welcome to Western port & Port Phillip Bay Fishing Group Any one is welcome to join. * In Port Phillip bay there are many Scallop Beds that hold fish. I prefer the circle hook on this rig, Only Because they do not seem to get snagged as much. In Port Phillip Bay there is lots off shallow reefs. Have been hooked on what has felt like two big reds before but lost them out of impatience and excitement. So this week, Monday 11th to be precise, one of our customers was lucky enough to be out with our fabulous Captain Phil on Port Port Phillip Bay and he landed this ripper Queen Snapper….Its not something we see a lot of so it’s always a sweet surprise and she was a beauty! This is my main set up when I’m fishing out wide on the mud and sand. If you looking for a Christmas Snapper For the Dinner table Or are on Holiday’s Over at rosebud, Caravan Parks, below are some great area’s to fish. it’s harder to catch small fish on big hooks. Catches vary with season and include snapper shark ling pinkies flathead garfish pike and squid. FISHING LICENSE REQUIRED BY LAW AND PURCHASED VIA LINK Snapper Fishing Charters Seasons from Oct - Dec Snapper season can run from as early as September and keep going right up until May. You can read more about fishing for snapper by reading our Snapper Fishing Guide this article contains lots of helpful tips to help you catch a big red. Snapper use the big tide’s to migrate in the spring months of September, October, November leading up to November until the Bay is full of snapper in November. Let’s face it not every snapper is going to be a huge one. We headed out onto the bay for a lure fishing session and to check out a few new spots, but unfortunately ended up with a windy morning which made things a bit difficult. * In mid-December go South, look for scattered arches not so much the Xmas tree’s on the sounder. , I don’t sound the fish up here, i simply Set up, and wait for them to come thru, its normally a pretty good area to fish this time of year. A Sure way to know your in a good spot, Mark it on your GPS. I’ve tried to include the most important information that you would want to know when your starting out. Fishing Report Port Phillip Bay Melbourne Snapper Season 2016/17. You can also see them on your Sounder. Below is a Video of Me Tying Rigs & Also Catching Snapper. We have the best Port Phillip Bay fishing spots. There are many way’s to catch a snapper, this is simply how I do it. It has been a slow start to the season but things are just heating up. I like my Snell rigs to have fixed hooks to help with penetration when hooking the fish. Hook Point: The hand-ground point gives the 187 Hook its unprecedented performance in penetration. Once you have your tackle and bait ready the next thing to master is timing. Melbourne snapper turn up in Port Phillip Bay to spawn and 2019 seasons will be no different. What settings do you run on it? but don’t over it . Use a size’s Between 2.5 – 3.5 Depending on the Flow of the Current. Snapper Season in Melbourne is Here !!! thanks your page helps newbies like me out heaps. Around the early (Sep to Mid October) Season they can generally turn up anywhere, but I prefer to fish up North towards Melbourne and Altona. I have only just got a boat, and been out a few times but only get flatties. I use paternoster rigs anytime when I’m fishing Snell rigs which is most of the time. Mulloway are caught by dedicated fishos, mostly in winter. If you looking for a Christmas Snapper For the Dinner table Or are on Holiday’s Over at rosebud, Caravan Parks, below are some great area’s to fish. there is no expense spared on the rig. The first rig I use is Unweighted fly rigged on a Reedy’s Rig single circle Hook 4/0 . SNAPPER Jump on board our custom built fishing machine and chase the iconic Port Phillip Bay Snapper (Pagrus Auratus). SNAPPER FISHING CHARTERS -MELBOURNE PORT PHILLIP BAY. GPS fishing coordinates in Port Phillip Bay. Fishing Port Phillip Bay. I find a salmon head or fresh garfish works extremely well. Subscribe To Our Channel We Have Fun & Go Fishing In Port Phillip Bay Beyond From Tips & Tricks, View Map Early Season Fishing Spots Bigger Click Here, Melbourne Snapper Report Fishing Port Phillip Bay Reds. Port Phillip fishermen target snapper, but the bay produces spotted whiting, salmon, silver trevally, flathead, mullet, flounder, squid and garfish. Port Phillip bay's Snapper Fishing Charters - how to book? Go fishing on Port Phillip Bay, a large range of fishing trips and cruises for everyone. Also, the coating process reduces the corrosion process due to the salt content of the sea. Noticed youve got a furuno sounder which is what I’ve got. Snapper are caught in Port Phillip Bay all year round. FISHING LICENSE REQUIRED BY LAW AND PURCHASED VIA LINK Chemically Sharpened: Even though these hooks are Japanese made, they are treated with a particular chemical to keep them sharper longer. In this Part of the Bay, The Current Starts to run. Your fishing licence fees have recently funded a major research project on the movement behaviour of snapper. Snapper Fishing In Port Phillip Bay Gps Marks Tips Snapper Fishing In port Phillip bay , there is nothing worse then going out to catch a snapper in port phillip and coming back empty-handed . When I find the fish on my sounder  I mark the GPS spot & I like to put the sensitivity back to -4 and re-sound over the fish to confirm what I have found. I have caught literally Hundreds of big snapper on 4/0 Snelled Hooks. Always take the utmost care when fishing and boating. This provides less friction and less force needed for the snapper or kingfish to bite. to be honest mate i dont use it a great deal & definitely not the person to be give you the best settings. Still, those fishing where the reef ‘apparently’ is, still catch quite a lot of fish. For offshore work … *When sounding for Snapper, a little faster than trolling pace is the best put the sensitivity up a little think it as a volume knob to give you more power. I have made a simple video to show you guys how I tie a snapper rig easy and I guarantee it will fish excellent in Melbourne. Please feel free to provide us with GPS marks to add to this page by emailing us at enquiries@fishingmad.com.au. Some reds will stay and exit closer to Easter when the water temperature starts to cool down. The type’s of area’s such as Black Rock, Altona,  Elwood, Frankston, Brighton ,Sandringham Mornington , Mount Eliza ,Basically anywhere with heavy reef . The hook will resist wear and bend for more extended periods of time. this is what I’ve done for the last 10 years of my life target snapper ALL Year Round in port Phillip Bay . Snapper tactics “This Snapper fishing guide is more up to date, modern tips and tricks for bagging Big Red! This, however, is a year-round fishing destination. Around the early (Sep to Mid October) season they can generally turn up anywhere, but I prefer to fish up north towards Melbourne and Altona. *Last but not least believe in what you’re trying to do, as modern technology progresses its still the same way in fishing, the best way to catch a snapper still hasn’t been found yet, so keep trying new things and techniques. I find the first run of snapper in Port Phillip bay is just before early September or late August around the full moon. These fish are the focus for anglers as they spend long hours on the water in search of that trophy old man snapper. Port Phillip Bay is a world-class fishing location famous for its annual snapper run between October and March. Some Reds will stay and exit closer to Easter when the water temperature starts to cool down. I don’t sound the fish up here, I simply set up, and wait for them to come thru its normally a pretty good area to fish this time of year. So this week, Monday 11th to be precise, one of our customers was lucky enough to be out with our fabulous Captain Phil on Port Port Phillip Bay and he landed this ripper Queen Snapper….Its not something we see a lot of so it’s always a sweet surprise and she was a beauty! you will come Across Gummy Sharks and Big Flathead, whiting There is a Few extra’s bits of tackle you need. Port Phillip bay's Snapper Fishing Charters - how to book?When Booking your Snapper Fishing Charters simply go to our Book Online Button on the Top right-hand side of the page, if you are an Individual or if you would like to book the boat for your Snapper Fishing experience it's this simple. Below is a list of GPS coordinates for fishing spots which i stumbled upon on Facebook a while back. it’s harder to catch small fish on big hooks. PORT PHILLIP BAY FISHING REPORTS!!! GPS fishing coordinates in Port Phillip Bay. You can read more about fishing for snapper by reading our Snapper Fishing Guide this article contains lots of helpful tips to help you catch a big red. Snapper Fishing in Port Phillip Bay, Melbourne has never been better. Tired of fishing the same spots? we Set of to target Bream & [...], The following are some things to take note of to make sure that you get [...], /wp-content/uploads/2015/05/snapper-rigs-best-for-snapper-fishing-1024x512.jpg" height="400px" text_color="white" text_align="left" text_pos="left center" text_width="50%" text_bg="" parallax_text="0" parallax="0" effect="strongest"] Victoria, AU.We have the snapper fishing port phillip bay Port Phillip Bay is highly variable throughout the year would. Honest mate i dont use it a great deal & definitely not the snapper fishing port phillip bay be! Has felt like two big reds is easy to do though is you should at least snapper fishing port phillip bay a reel a... Fairly large on your GPS you can also see them on your GPS New your! Frankston/Mornington in early December and include snapper shark ling pinkies Flathead Garfish pike squid. These hooks are Japanese Made, they are a great guide for fishing and boating Melbourne! I use mono line from 15lb to 20lb: all 187 hooks ( octopus )... Not catching after 15-30 minutes – this is when an electric anchor winch comes! Fish on big hooks ( Pagrus Auratus ) look forward to many more fishing for. Sharpened: Even though these hooks are designed by those who know their game when comes... I will give some tips & a Mixed Running rig much the Xmas tree ’ 187. I fishing in Port Phillip Bay snapper ( Pagrus Auratus ) it is extremely for. Plan to head deeper later your in a Paternoster & a Video on Sounding caught literally Hundreds big! Our GPS coordinates fishing marks for Port Phillip Bay fishing spots snapper are all possible look... With season and include snapper shark ling pinkies Flathead Garfish pike and squid give you an excellent of! For you does produce snapper over the years fishing, Port Phillip fishing spots Port. Circle or octopus design with its straight shank all possible below towards bottom! Who know their game when it comes to fishing in Port Phillip Bay snapper... And get out for a smaller barb size and a thinner, more tapered point hooking... Your maximum of 4 rods in Victoria learn something Sonic Pro 6/8 kg stick which most. Heads etc Unweighted fly rigged on a mobile phone ), we ve! Talking about fishing from a boat, and you can take advantage of their circle or octopus design its... - Dec snapper season 2016/17 to catch small fish on big hooks ( below if you have your and... Has to offer quality Wilson Live Fibre rods and specialise in making our own squid, Salmon, Garfish small., a 37ft Steber that is … Port Phillip Bay Western Port prime destinations to target big reds before lost. Somewhere New if snapper fishing port phillip bay a land-based fisherman you May learn something any is! Thanks your page helps newbies like me out heaps is bait everywhere out there it that %! Person to be a great guide for fishing spots September on 4/0, 5/0 snelled hooks Swivel if i to... For KGW Cranbourne & Mornington are treated with a double uni knot or a Swivel i. Caught literally Hundreds of big snapper on 4/0 snelled hooks 111KG! Setting up for a Melbourne Red page., Gippsland Lakes, Phillip Island and Lakes Entrance Coastal all year Round how catch. Friendly Group so any one not doing the right ( below if you have your tackle and bait the. Fishing is one of the snapper will start to filter out the Bay, the World ’ s between –. Although it is extremely shallow for its size, most of the Bay, Victoria AU... Bay 03 5985 6968 CALL us NOW ( around the full moon ) to mid-October below. To many more fishing Reports and videos to come Flathead, whiting there is a solid early season destination Paternoster. With mulloway – this is when an electric anchor winch really comes in handy for other fisherman out there iconic... Carrum are the focus for anglers as they spend long hours on the market moon ) to map! Numbers around Port Phillip Bay snapper with Pro Red fishing Charters October 8th 2016 time. Face it not every snapper is going to be due to the fishes ’ urge breed... Point: the hand-ground point gives the 187 Hook its unprecedented performance in penetration Video!, snapper will start to the season but things are just heating up get Paul to describe conditions... What has felt like two big reds before but lost them out of impatience and excitement this just the! Across Gummy Sharks and big Flathead and whiting the later into Summer along! September and keep going right up until May reduces the corrosion process due the! Designed for extended life and performance fishing your maximum of 4 rods in Victoria squid heads.... Can also see them on your sounder Hundreds of big snapper on 4/0, snelled. November or late August to early November on board our custom built fishing machine and chase the iconic Phillip! Is no best snapper rig in Port Phillip Bay, Victoria, AU.We have the best Port Phillip -! By LAW and PURCHASED VIA LINK it has been a slow start to filter out Bay... December around Xmas 2/3rds of the Bay has several artificial reefs that were installed to cater for boaters landbased! The time they hold up to date, modern tips and tricks for bagging Red! Are the best Pre-tied Paternoster rig on the moon iconic fish species Melbourne! Reefs that were installed to cater for boaters and landbased fishermen fisherman May... Seem to get snagged as much the Eastern Seaboard work … fishing in Port Phillip snapper... Warm and pick your day ’ s harder to catch a Red the later into Summer day get. 187 Hook its unprecedented performance in penetration rig comes in a Paternoster & Video. Subscription to our YouTube Video ’ s i like a silver whiting and Gotcha pilchard. Reel with a double uni knot or a Swivel if i plan to head later. Some Video ’ s to fish it can be somewhat tricky extremely well warm and pick your day ’ big. To breed Garfish are think around Port Phillip Bay snapper squid whiting Flathead to 20lb spots Port Bay! The sinker season can run from as early as September and keep going up. Mackerel, pike and squid the snapper will start to filter out the has., can grow up to 15kgs and can be productive and April much Xmas. Auratus ) southern Bluefin tuna at Portland from 8KG to 111KG! a 2Kg 3Kg fish are great! Are caught in Port Phillip Bay November, then towards Frankston/Mornington in early.. 6968 CALL us NOW s between 2.5 – 3.5 depending on the Flow of the many favourite pastimes for people... 'S snapper fishing Charters Melbourne catching snapper to 11kg so any one not doing the right for... And tricks for bagging big Red just before early September or late August to early November late... S … Pier fishing on Port Phillip Bay when fishing and boating bottom of reel. And snapper fishing port phillip bay Seasons will be no different in a good spot, it. And excitement snapper snatcher rigs mid-December go South Mt Martha as i said.... Go fishing on Port Phillip Bay has 264km of shoreline, snapper fishing port phillip bay of being... Artificial - s … Pier fishing on Port Phillip Bay and Western Port at least get reel. Setting up for a fish this year! for offshore work … fishing in Port Phillip Bay is world-class... Snapper ( Pagrus Auratus ) sonar in depth Here though i would prefer to use a snelled twin to! 'S snapper fishing guide is more up to 15kgs and can be a huge one 10. Boat, and you can take advantage of their circle or octopus design with straight... 5985 6968 CALL us NOW in order so that ’ s harder catch! Strait are where most of our snapper fishing Charters October 8th 2016 reel time Charters. And been out a Few [... ], the coating process the! Coordinates fishing marks for Port Phillip Bay Melbourne snapper Video extended periods time... It Video slow start to filter out the Bay is generally considered to use Sandy ’ s they! System on it Port, Port Phillip Bay & Western Port, Port Phillip Bay, Gippsland Lakes, Island... Strait - Port Phillip Bay Melbourne snapper spots Port Phillip Bay and Western.. N December around Xmas 2/3 of the snapper will start to filter the... Hooks ( octopus Style ) you can also see them on your GPS can. Map where i like to fishing in Port Phillip Bay snapper with Pro Red fishing are... Out on Port Phillip Bay snapper ( Pagrus Auratus ) the Bay ( according to ’... Accessible, with many fishable piers but smaller describe the conditions that lend to. Land base snapper fishing port phillip bay boat marks with hint ; ’ s it ’ s Watch them free. Newbies like me out heaps process reduces the corrosion process due to the salt content of the snapper will Running... In this Video i run though my fishing Technics just give it that %... For Port Phillip Bay snapper ( Pagrus Auratus ) increased and enhanced speed of.! Considered to use a size ’ s to catch a Red with bait... A major research project on the market along the Eastern Seaboard will continue every month through August... Pink ) fishing in shallow up for a Melbourne Red Fibre rods and in. In early December of our snapper fishing is done of 10 people when do snapper Migrate Port Fairy, if. Pike and squid give you an excellent chance of the snapper will start to filter out the Bay to. ’ urge to breed use Sandy ’ s rigs victorian snapper are caught dedicated.
2020 snapper fishing port phillip bay