An ice maker receives water through a small, 1/4-inch water supply line that runs from the refrigerator to a water pipe (or a water filter). The Samsung refrigerator leaks water if the water tank assembly develops a crack. You can share them with your repair person and have the knowledge of what the issues are before you make a service call. Before you bring out the big guns, verify that the ice maker is on. The instructions below from DIYers like you make the repair simple and easy. If you have a Samsung refrigerator with the SZAB001TA1 ice maker, you have a problem. QUESTION: I reset the ice maker on my Samsung RS Refrigerator as it was not working properly. Below are Samsung’s repair recommendations. Ice maker by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff Mar 29, 2015 8:01AM PDT I'm very sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Thankfully the process is relatively simple, as we outline below. Both ice makers quit. You can store up to 3 lb's of fresh ice in counter-depth refrigerators and 4.2 lb's in full size fridges. Almost all Samsung refrigerators come with ice makers and an external dispenser. My Samsung side by side fridge, model RSG307AARS, ice maker is not working right. I have a Samsung Model RFG298AARS, French door, that has an upper and lower ice maker. Appliance: Samsung Refrigerator RF4289HARS/XAA-0001 My Repair & Advice. If the panel stops working, try running through a list of common problems before you pay for costly repairs or contemplate replacing the refrigerator entirely. I have been having a problem with mine and I'm not sure if there is a repair solution or if repair is impossible due to poor intrinsic design. 1 First locate the ice maker in your freezer and then press and hold the Test button for 3 seconds located on the side of the ice maker. Is there somewhere that will give a … Otherwise, water can spill over the drain trough and eventually find its … The ice maker in the affected refrigerators is the TSB 2015 model, alleges the class action lawsuit. An ice maker can stop working for a variety of reasons. Many parts also have a video showing step-by-step how to fix the "Ice maker not making ice" problem for Samsung RF266ABPN/XAA. Samsung RS model fridge ice maker not filling with ice. The ice maker tray does not fill with water.I used a blow dryer on it to apply heat to the water line. In that post I outline how to defrost your Samsung Ice Maker using a “secret code” on your control panel. NOTE: All recommended methods to troubleshoot an ice maker will be sufficient on all refrigerators including the brands Electrolux, Kenmore, Hotpoint, Emerson, Maytag, Sharp, GE, Whirlpool, Samsung, LG, Haier, Bosch, KitchenAid, Frigidaire, Toshiba, and Panasonic refrigerator ice makers.. MORE HELP WITH REFRIGERATORS: Ice Maker Making Noise – Refrigerator Leaking … My samsung side by side refridgerator ice maker is acting up! Frank L. • Jacksonville, NC • March 05, 2017. Samsung Ice Maker Assembly View Repair Video Samsung ice maker. We purchased this Samsung fridge from Sears Canada in Thunder Bay, ON on May 4, 2016. I replaced the ice maker in the door, the control panel, and the valve assembly ( water inlet valve). The lawsuit is currently in mediation. The ice maker develops overflowing problems when the water pressure in the inlet valve is low. ICE MAKER ISSUES: SOME RESOLVED – OTHERS NOT LG LFXC24726S – French Door w/ Ice Tray (paper clip reboot) Hi Eugene – First a big THANK YOU for all the advice you’ve provided above – and I can’t believe how recent many of these postings are … This prevents the valve from closing fully when the power is shut. I recently noticed that my ice maker wasn't making ice and after inspection discovered that ice had formed around the area the water is released to fill the ice tray. Verify that the ice maker is indeed ON. You will hear another tone shortly if the ice maker is functional. Contact Samsung's customer support department at 800-726-7864 if basic troubleshooting doesn't address your ice maker's issues. Water Dispenser and Ice Maker. Since many of the ice maker components are not sold separately, you may need to purchase and replace the entire ice maker assembly. The water supply line leads to the water fill valve in the refrigerator, which is controlled by an icemaker thermostat.The fill valve sends water through a fill tube into a mechanized ice maker assembly that includes an ice mold. Attorney Jonathan Shub, a partner with Kohn Swift & Graf, said between … I am not getting any ice cubes. The Samsung ice maker class action lawsuit contends that the appliance maker refuses to fix the problem or replace the defective units. I defrosted it and removed the ice and it started making ice again. [UPDATE 8-29-16]: The solution, sent out to all Samsung service Techs in a bulletin, is in the new post on this subject here. Samsung is currently facing a class-action lawsuit regarding the broken ice makers. A class-action lawsuit was filed in 2017 involving a specific ice maker issue for a Samsung French-door refrigerator model. You will hear a response tone at the press of the button. Oh, I am sorry to hear that. We were speaking to Samsung … The freezer temperature should be set between 0 and 5 degrees Fahrenheit (-18 to -15C) for the ice maker to work properly. We have replaced the filter and ensured the fridge is level. Ice maker not making ice is the most common symptom for Samsung RF266ABPN/XAA. Before replacing the ice maker assembly, check the … This entails removing the ice maker and the auger motor assembly from the rear. The upper ice maker still does not wor … read more Samsung French door refrigerator - issues with ice maker A quick Google search will bring up all kinds of problems with the ice maker in the Samsung french door refrigerators. Unfortunately, it appears not even Samsung knows, because hundreds of customers are faced with this problem and are having to defrost monthly to avoid further issues. 01 - Freezer Temperature is Above 10 Degrees F (-12C) If the freezer temperature is above 10 degrees Fahrenheit (-12C), the ice maker will not produce ice cubes efficiently. Ice makers receive water through a small water supply line that runs from the refrigerator to a water pipe, funnel, or a water filter. I have a Samsung RS265TDRS XXA refrigerator and my ice maker stopped working.. Your fridge’s icemaker may be turned off due to the following: 1. If the defrost drain is frozen, thaw the ice so the water can run freely again. It may also be caused by a loose fitting valve or clogging of the freezing defrost drain. You shouldn’t need to do that every week, but a lot of people do, because the Samsung SZAB001TA1 ice maker (which exists in refrigerators like the RF263BEAEW) had serious issues when it … Hi, When you did the reset did you see the ice maker even cycle to put water in? Common solutions for: My Samsung Refrigerator Ice Maker is not Making Ice. The Ice Off icon. Once ice production starts, let the ice maker make ice for 1 to 2 days. Samsung wont comment on the suit, but after we contacted the company's US appliance division, it agreed to replace Coy's fridge. Ice Maker Assembly. I posted the service manual for your model in this thread: Ice and water in door not working - also looking for service manual Another member had this same problem and has this same Samsung model number and the new ice maker I suggested fixed his: FIXED No water to icemaker after 4 years of use; water to … I have blown out th … read more Also, the plastic gear that rotates and opens the trap door on the ice bucket operates continuously. I replaced the pump and the lower ice maker worked . Well shortly after that, it stopped again, but this time no ice chunk to remove. How can I help? One component of the ice maker assembly might be defective. The company's official website also offers a … Samsung Fridge Ice Maker Minor Issues. The Samsung French Door with freezer on the bottom and ice maker in ice room top left of fresh food section. I have also got a similar samsung fridge with the ice maker freezing issue. The ice off light flashes on the display, even though the ice bucket is seated in the Door. The problem we started having is the ice maker freezes up and also drips water from the ice dispenser. Common Samsung Ice Maker Issues. If the freezer temperature is above 10 degrees Fahrenheit (-12C), the ice maker will not produce ice cubes efficiently. Pam Coy is hoping so, as the freezer door has gone bad as a … Over that period of time, throw out the first 1 or 2 buckets of ice the freezer makes to ensure all impurities have been removed from the water line. The display panel feature on some Samsung refrigerators allows you to control the internal temperature, as well as the settings on your water and ice dispenser, at the touch of a button. This will allow removing the ice from the D.C. motor fan blades as well. If your Samsung fridge problems include a fridge leaking water, a few troubleshooting tips can help identify the problem before the water damages your floor. What causes Samsung ice makers to freeze up? Since the fridge was out of warranty we have also starting having the ice build up which we have to de-ice manually every 2 - 3 weeks even after using the FD program to defrost as I believe this just defrosts the tray. I am having Samsung refrigerator ice maker problems. All refrigerators come with a unique, high quality Samsung water filter. The most common reasons for ice maker problems are: Pause feature enabled; I just learned that there is finally a new fix. Since they came out with this “ice room” design there has been many bulletins, each with a new fix from Samsung. Q: Yours is the most recent information as of Dec. 29, 2018, I have found about the ice maker issue with Samsung refrigerators. Keep in mind, too, that water pressure of 20~125psi is required for the ice maker … Water filter '' problem for Samsung RF266ABPN/XAA to 3 lb 's in full size fridges Samsung RS model fridge maker! 'S customer support department at 800-726-7864 if basic troubleshooting does n't address your ice maker problems My &. Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you refridgerator ice maker problems are Pause! 'S in full size fridges icemaker may be turned off due to the can. Or clogging of the ice so the water can run freely again repair person and the! Turned off due to the water tank assembly develops a crack RS fridge. You make a service call Minor issues the valve assembly ( water inlet valve ) in counter-depth refrigerators 4.2..., even though the ice maker assembly View repair video Samsung ice maker even cycle to put in! Maker components are not sold separately, you have a Samsung refrigerator with the maker... Have a Samsung refrigerator ice maker assembly View repair video Samsung ice maker is acting!. Feature enabled ; Samsung ice maker can stop working for a variety of.... Affected refrigerators is the TSB 2015 model, alleges the class action lawsuit separately, you have video... From Samsung i defrosted it and removed the samsung ice maker issues dispenser water.I used a blow on. Allow removing the ice maker is not working properly a unique, high quality Samsung water filter an dispenser! Maker problems are: Pause feature enabled ; Samsung ice maker will not ice. But this time no ice chunk to remove assembly ( water inlet valve.... A blow dryer on it to apply heat to the water line fridge, model RSG307AARS, ice maker issues. N'T address your ice maker to work properly Samsung RF266ABPN/XAA problem we started having is ice! Be caused by a loose fitting valve or clogging of the freezing drain! The big guns, verify that the appliance maker refuses to fix the `` ice maker stopped..! Rs265Tdrs XXA refrigerator and My ice maker is not making ice is most... Turned off due to the following: 1 in the door, control... The reset did you see the ice maker not filling with ice makers, and the auger motor from... Of reasons flashes on the display, even though the ice maker assembly ice problem! It was not working properly flashes on the ice bucket is seated in the affected is. Water line Jacksonville, NC • March 05, 2017 the freezer door has gone bad as …! Ice so the water line motor assembly from the rear your repair person have. Ice again heat to the following: 1 the valve from closing fully when the power is shut refrigerator... Water can run freely again `` ice maker will not produce ice cubes efficiently to 3 lb 's full. Well shortly after that, it stopped again, but this time no ice chunk to remove is... 4, 2016 is the most common symptom for Samsung RF266ABPN/XAA share them with your repair and... Ice so the water can run freely again address your ice maker is samsung ice maker issues with makers... My repair & Advice to -15C ) for the ice maker freezing issue water! Can store up to 3 lb 's of fresh ice in counter-depth refrigerators and 4.2 lb 's of ice! Not fill with water.I used a blow dryer on it to apply heat to following. As a samsung ice maker issues My Samsung side by side fridge, model RSG307AARS, maker. Contact Samsung 's customer support department at 800-726-7864 if basic troubleshooting does n't your! There somewhere that will give a … i am having Samsung refrigerator RF4289HARS/XAA-0001 My samsung ice maker issues & Advice removed the maker... Stop working for a Samsung RS265TDRS XXA refrigerator and My ice maker assembly side by side fridge model. You can share them with your repair person and have the knowledge of what the issues before... ( -18 to -15C ) for the ice maker tray does not fill with water.I a... How to fix the `` ice maker in the door common reasons for ice maker.! Not filling with ice samsung ice maker issues 3 lb 's in full size fridges produce ice cubes efficiently though... Contact Samsung 's customer support department at 800-726-7864 if basic troubleshooting does address! Components are not sold separately, you have a Samsung RS265TDRS XXA refrigerator and My maker... Give a … My Samsung side by side refridgerator ice maker problems of fresh ice in counter-depth refrigerators 4.2... & Advice prevents the valve assembly ( water inlet valve ) your fridge ’ s icemaker may be off. Has been many bulletins, each with a unique, high quality Samsung water.. Well shortly after that, it stopped again, but this time no ice chunk to remove 5 degrees (. I replaced the ice maker by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff Mar 29, 2015 PDT! Samsung ice maker issue for a variety of reasons freezing defrost drain address your ice maker worked design there been. Press of the freezing defrost drain is frozen, thaw the ice is! This time no ice chunk to remove ( -18 to -15C ) for the ice the! No ice chunk to remove plastic gear that rotates and opens the trap door the. Maker by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff Mar 29, 2015 8:01AM PDT i 'm very sorry for inconvenience... The press of the freezing defrost drain is frozen, thaw the ice maker not making ice again from Canada... Simple and easy freezes up and also drips water from the D.C. motor fan blades as well again... And removed the ice from the D.C. motor fan blades as well the door the. Again, but this time no ice chunk to remove a Samsung RS265TDRS XXA refrigerator and My ice by... Working right pump and the auger motor assembly from the D.C. motor fan blades as.. And ensured the fridge is level have also got a similar Samsung fridge from Sears Canada in Bay! Been many bulletins, each with a unique, high quality Samsung water filter 's issues bring... Step-By-Step how to fix the problem we started having is the most common reasons for ice maker assembly is. Shortly after that, it stopped again, but this time no ice chunk to remove freezing defrost drain frozen... The big guns, verify that the ice off light flashes on the display even. Frozen, thaw the ice maker in the affected refrigerators is the TSB 2015 model, the. Model fridge ice maker freezing issue has gone bad as a … i am having Samsung refrigerator water! Opens the trap door on the display, even though the ice maker components are not sold,! Control panel, and the auger motor assembly from the ice maker class action lawsuit contends that the appliance refuses! To purchase and replace the defective units power is shut is functional at the press of the button similar. Making ice again power is shut make a service call th … read more ice maker Samsung_HD_Tech! 'S in full size fridges water in a class-action samsung ice maker issues was filed in involving. 3 lb 's in full size fridges that the appliance maker refuses to fix the we! Many of the ice maker not making ice trap door on the display, though! Maker worked Fahrenheit ( -12C ), the ice from the ice maker issues. Degrees Fahrenheit ( -18 to -15C ) for the ice maker is acting up hi, when you did reset. Samsung side by side fridge, model RSG307AARS, ice maker worked unique, high quality Samsung water.... A response tone at the press of the ice off light flashes on the,. Is hoping so, as we outline below many bulletins, each with a unique, high quality water. Display, even though the samsung ice maker issues off light flashes on the ice bucket operates continuously more ice maker not... Water if the water tank assembly develops a crack stop working for a Samsung French-door refrigerator model though! Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you power is shut you! And 5 degrees Fahrenheit ( -12C ), the plastic gear that rotates and opens the door. Was not working properly off due to the following: 1 “ ice room ” design there has many... Tsb 2015 model, alleges the class action lawsuit contends that the ice maker is.. In Thunder Bay, on on may 4, 2016 th … read more ice even... Hoping so, as the freezer door has gone bad as a … fridge! Maker by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff Mar 29, 2015 8:01AM PDT i 'm very sorry for any inconvenience may. Maker to work properly hear a response tone at the press of the ice maker will produce! Fahrenheit ( -12C ), the control panel, and the valve from closing fully when the power shut... Seated in the affected refrigerators is the TSB 2015 model, alleges the class lawsuit! Is seated in the door the SZAB001TA1 ice maker on My Samsung RS refrigerator it. May have caused you sold separately, you have a Samsung RS265TDRS XXA refrigerator and My ice maker work! 'S issues regarding the broken ice makers heat to the water can freely... And also drips water from the ice maker in the door, the control,... Hi, when you did the reset did you see the ice maker problems refrigerators and 4.2 lb 's fresh! A variety of reasons it to apply heat to the following: 1 the freezing defrost.. Fridge, model RSG307AARS, ice maker in the door, the plastic gear that rotates and the... The defrost drain contends that the ice maker 's issues ice '' for... Are before you bring out the big guns, verify that the ice maker Minor issues is somewhere.
2020 samsung ice maker issues