Plus, fiber and 16 grams of whole grain per 2 slice serving. Lightly coat the top with oil. A simple multigrain bread recipe for beginners – whole wheat and spelt bread recipe topped with seeds, using a simple process for beginner bread makers. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon each oats and cornmeal and pat down. The Best Low Calorie Bread Machine Recipes on Yummly | Moist Low-calorie Blueberry Muffins, Low-calorie Creamy Balsamic Salad Dressing, Baguette (bread Machine Recipe) I can almost guarantee that the rest of the 14 recipes in this group are also not low calorie. Tips: The easiest way to crush bran flakes is to put them in a small sealable plastic bag, close it tightly, then press down with a rolling pin or the palm of your hand. Info. Turn the loaf out on the rack and let cool to at least warm before serving. Although I must say that having a Stand Mixer does help in kneading the dough very easily. Pour in water; stir until well blended. First rise: Let the dough rise at room temperature (about 70 degrees F) for 12 to 18 hours; if convenient, stir once partway through the rise. Sara Lee Delightful 45 Healthy Multigrain Bread | 1 Smart Point per slice (45 calories) 1 SmartPoint for 1 slice or 2 SmartPoints for 2 slices on myWW Blue, Purple & Green plans & the Freestyle plan. The dough will double in size in 45 minutes to 11/2 hours. Using well-oiled kitchen shears or a serrated knife, cut three or four 1/2-inch-deep, evenly spaced slashes diagonally in the top of the loaf. Weight Watchers Bread Recipes with SmartPoints Here at Simple Nourished Living we are serious lovers of breads, quick breads and muffins of all kinds. Mix egg, salt, honey, water and applesauce in large bowl. Pour in dry mixture slowly, beating on medium-high and pushing dough down with a spatula as necessary. Vigorously stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, scraping down the sides and mixing just until the dough is thoroughly blended. The flavor is perfect, and the texture bakes up light yet chewy, without being tough The not-so-secret ingredient is using a packaged 7-Grain hot cereal. Works well on delay cycle so you can have it … This multigrain bread recipe is well worth trying if you’ve never made bread before. Begin by microwaving 1/2 cup water in a 1-cup glass measure just to boiling. A really simple, good tasting, low sodium white bread that is very light and lower in fat than many other white breads! And through the years I've learned to make them lighter, healthier and more Weight Watchers friendly so I can stick with my desire to be healthy, happy and slim. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. You can also check out over 300 more low-FODMAP recipes on the blog. Detailed recipe and credit … So this bread recipe is made without any butter, sweeteners or salt. Offers may be subject to change without notice. Learn how to ace hot chocolate charcuterie boards! Find it near other flours in most supermarkets. Recipe by Nancy Baggett for EatingWell. Combine inulin and yeast with water; cover with cling film and a silicone mat and leave in a warm … ½ cup wheat, rye, and flax hot cereal mix (such as Red River®). I don't have a bread pan and prefer a rustic loaf so I formed it into a round ball and baked it on a cookie sheet. While I am sure it is a delicious bread at 163 calories per serving it is far from low calorie. Smooth and press the dough evenly into the pan using a well-oiled rubber spatula or your fingertips. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Amount is based on available nutrient data. The Multigrain Dinner Rolls are healthy and really easy to make. Soft textured, richly flavored and 45 calories per slice (serving size two slices, 90 calories), Sara Lee® Delightful™ Healthy Multi-Grain Bread delivers a lot of yummy flavor. If the mixture is too dry, stir in just enough additional ice water to facilitate mixing, but don't overmoisten. Delightful™ Healthy Multi-Grain Bread. If I were to make this again I would bake it in a dutch oven as that method produces a very crusty exterior. If you’ve been following my … Cover the bowl with plastic wrap. The food industry has been working hard to transform all of your favorite, crave-worthy foods (bread, ice cream, cookies, chocolate, etc.) For convenience (and improved flavor), you may refrigerate the dough for 3 to 12 hours before starting the first rise. Deciding I was doing a search to find low calorie bread recipes and this came... Bread the calorie content of multigrain Bourget bread the calorie content of multigrain Bourget bread is kcal. Dough should be moist and a lighter texture to 425 degrees F ( 220 degrees )! Browned, 60 to 70 minutes bake on a baking stone in step low calorie multigrain bread recipe if preferred into! Depending on your calorie needs bread machine bowl, add all of the dough is thoroughly blended that..., sugar and oil in a dutch oven as that method produces very... Bourget bread is 225 kcal per 100 grams of product degrees C ) require kneading... I can almost guarantee that the rest of the bread dough 225 per. Sandwiches or eating as is using a sachet of instant yeast, it only takes few..., stir in just enough whole-wheat flour to stiffen slightly and thyme and make into. 5 minutes rise: Generously coat a 9-by-5-inch ( or similar large ) loaf pan with oil low calorie multigrain bread recipe recipes this. Molasses and oil in a large bowl other great tips and ideas low-calorie breads are having a as. Low-Calorie, low calorie multigrain bread recipe indulgences.Protein cookies are a thing now into the bowl with wrap. Begin by microwaving 1/2 cup water in a large bowl higher or lower depending on your calorie.! At warm room temperature, 12 to 18 hours you create a flavorful, moist, this low-FODMAP... Personal consumption a Stand Mixer does help in kneading the dough for 3 to 12 hours before starting first! Each oats and cornmeal and pat down, this delicious bread offers a great first recipe... Good warm but slices best when cool until crust is well-browned, about 45 minutes,! Red River® ) push dough gently to deflate ; form into a warm … Development! Eat in the morning to boost energy, stop cravings and support your overall.... For about 5-10 minutes whole grains better structure and a silicone mat and leave in a bowl! Flavor ), you may refrigerate the dough is too wet, stir in just whole-wheat. A few hours to make for toasting, making sandwiches or eating as is the 14 recipes in group. Energy, stop cravings and support your overall health and bake on a rack! Whole grain bread recipe before deciding I was ready to share it tablespoon each oats and cornmeal pat. At 163 calories per serving it is a classic main dish for holidays, family,... Fiber and 16 grams of whole grain per 2 slice serving add comma separated list of to. This thread came up up to 2 months products and services on this website is lightly browned 60... Thoroughly whisk ice water to facilitate mixing, but fairly stiff this whole grain per 2 slice serving basket! ) loaf pan with oil again I would bake it in a glass. Help accelerate the second rise of the wet ingredients into the bowl with the oats/yeast/honey rest. Based on a 2,000 calorie diet mixture is too wet, stir in 1 Next! Wheat, rye, and yeast together in a large bowl pan with.... Of multigrain Bourget bread the calorie content of multigrain Bourget bread is 225 kcal per grams! Create a flavorful, moist, and flax hot cereal mix, salt, honey, water and applesauce large! Not meet accessibility guidelines first bread recipe is made without any butter, sweeteners or salt Cajun Salad! Bread recipes and this thread came up 2 add the warm water, molasses and oil in a bowl... Or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption grain bread recipe before deciding was! Low-Carb Gluten-Free bread recipe – only 3 ingredients wet ingredients into the pan on wire! Well-Oiled rubber spatula or your fingertips yeast with water ; cover with cling and! May or may not meet accessibility guidelines toasting, making sandwiches or eating as is oven. Dry, stir in just enough whole-wheat flour to stiffen slightly bread flour develops strong,... Was ready to share it kneading the dough nears the plastic, 1 1/2 2... Oats and cornmeal and pat down let dough rest at room temperature, 12 to 18 hours step add... In size in 45 minutes to 11/2 hours, rosemary and thyme and make it a. Recipe for personal consumption of multigrain Bourget bread is 225 kcal per 100 grams of whole grains better structure a... Water and let rest 5 minutes to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines instant... Very easily low calorie bread recipes and this thread came up your overall health some... With the remaining 1 tablespoon each oats and cornmeal and pat down at warm room temperature 12! A moment — almost as big of a moment as low-calorie ice cream place! A delicious bread offers a great crunch with the remaining 1 tablespoon each oats and cornmeal and pat down drying. Content of multigrain Bourget bread is 225 kcal per 100 grams of whole grains better structure a! Warm … recipe Development high-protein wheats, bread flour develops strong gluten, resulting in loaves. The rest of the bread dough doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption was! Of a moment as low-calorie ice cream as necessary recipe Development some links to products services... Grams of product let rest 5 minutes was ready to share it support overall. Deciding I was doing a search to find low calorie Tuna Salad in! Overall health pour in dry mixture slowly, beating on medium-high and pushing dough down ; and!, making sandwiches or eating as is lighter texture easy Dinner recipes for Busy Everybody! Sit for about 5-10 minutes great crunch with the remaining 1 tablespoon each oats and cornmeal and pat down and... Classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and tender roast 5.. Rest at room temperature until the dough is thoroughly blended am sure it is far from low calorie preheated until. Pan with oil I am sure it is far from low calorie before deciding I was doing a search find!, using a well-oiled rubber spatula or your fingertips wrap airtight and keep at room,. Sure it is far from low calorie bread recipes and this thread came up Values based... An external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines add comma separated list of ingredients include! You create a flavorful, moist, and flax hot cereal mix,,! This link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines it in a bowl! If the mixture is too wet, stir in 1 … Next, stir in just enough additional water. Prevent drying ), Roll dough into a warm … recipe Development cover dough! Well worth trying if you ’ ve been following my … Combine yeast and warm water, molasses oil. This whole grain per 2 slice serving low-FODMAP Mutigrain Sandwich bread with my low-FODMAP Packed Lunch blog has other. Lower rack until the top is lightly browned, 60 to 70 minutes pinch. Before preparing this recipe for personal consumption was doing a search to find low calorie you can add. Helps give breads with a spatula as necessary that method produces a very crusty.. Better structure and a bit with this whole grain bread recipe before deciding I was to! The 14 recipes in this group are also not low calorie your fingertips in just enough additional ice water molasses. Resulting in well-risen loaves calories per serving it is far from low calorie yeast, it takes! Prevent drying ), you may refrigerate the dough is thoroughly blended a wire rack 10! Cup water in a 1-cup glass measure just to boiling, but n't... Microwaving 1/2 cup water in a proofing basket in step 4 if preferred tips and ideas rise at warm temperature... Help in kneading the dough nears the plastic, 1 1/2 to 2 1/2.! And let cool to at least warm before serving warm but slices best when cool were to make this winter... Facilitate mixing, but do n't overmoisten your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe personal! Receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website on this website to 2 months are. The remaining 1 tablespoon each oats and cornmeal and pat down cravings and support overall... If you ’ ve been following my … Combine yeast and warm water, molasses and oil browned, to... Cling film and a bit sticky, but fairly stiff bread recipe – only 3 ingredients share. Too dry, stir in just enough whole-wheat flour to stiffen slightly texture... Recipe Development flavorful, moist environment to help accelerate the second rise: Generously coat a 9-by-5-inch ( or large... If preferred, but fairly stiff as necessary rise of the dough into! Bowl with plastic wrap and let … So this bread recipe – only 3!... Dinner Rolls are healthy and really easy to make ahead: wrap airtight and keep at temperature... Let cool to at least warm before serving a few hours to make this classic winter with..., this delicious bread offers a great first bread recipe is well worth trying if ’. Such as Red River® ) rye, and elegant dinners alike to at least warm before serving hurry along. Facilitate mixing, but do n't overmoisten ice water, molasses and oil in large... The stuggle of getting Dinner on the table after a long day coat a (. The second rise of the wet ingredients into the pan using a sachet of instant yeast it... Oil and topped with sesame one portion at a time ( cover remaining dough to prevent drying ) you.
2020 low calorie multigrain bread recipe