warranty. I have No idea what all of the naysayers claiming that this blade is cheap etc we’re talking about. After reading review after review I finally settled on the Gerber Parang Machete. This product is currently Not Available - One Time Run, Here are some similar products currently available, Schrade SCHKM1 Machete 13.3" Black Powder Coated 3Cr13 Stainless Steel Blade Polymer Handle Black, Gerber Gator Bush Machete 17.9" 1050 Carbon Steel Blade Gator Handle Black, Gerber Bolo Machete 15.5" Black 1050 Carbon Steel Blade Gator Grip Handle Black, Cold Steel Magnum Kukri Machete 17" 1055 Carbon Steel Blade Polymer Handle Black, SOG Jungle Primitive Fixed Blade Camping Knife 9-1/2" Serrated Clip Point 8Cr13MoV Black Stainless Steel Blade Kraton Handle Black, Cold Steel Kukri Machete 12" 1055 Black Carbon Steel Polymer Handle Black, Cold Steel Jungle Machete with Sheath 16" 1055 Carbon Steel Blade Polymer Handle, Hooyman Bush Machete 3CR13 Stainless Steel Blade Non-Slip Grip Handle Green/Black. Freescape Camp Kitchen Knife The Freescape Camp Kitchen Knife is inspired by a Santoku chef’s knife. Unable to add item to List. As the name implies, this machete … I needed to clear a "thick" of bamboo stalks. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading. Gerber … WAS GIVEN TO HIM IN JUNE FOR HIS BIRTHDAY AND IT'S ONLY BEEN USED 3 MONTHS, Reviewed in the United States on August 24, 2018. Gerber Bear Grylls Parang Machete [31-002289], Angled blade, ideal for clearing brush or limbs, Robust high carbon steel blade, enhances strength, corrosion resistance and easy to sharpen, Full tang construction, boosts durability, Ergonomic textured rubber grip, maximizes comfort and reduces slippage, Lanyard cord, acts as guard, enhancing grip security, comes with nylon sheath, Previous page of related Sponsored Products. An invaluable tool in the jungle. This was cutting through rhododendron up to maybe 3" thick, not a hard wood. I didn't need to use the axe at all. I initially liked the machete due to its size and weight distribution. The other I bought for myself but my husband wanted it, so I gave it to him. Please try again. Features. View on Vehicle $59.99. An individual tool of … This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed. Will probably buy a third. Product Reviews are not compatible with your browser. Gerber has teamed up with survivalist, Bear Grylls… Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Lol. … Great Machete!There is nothing wrong with machete that common sense usage won’t resolve. Gerber 31-002289 Bear Grylls Parang. Angled blade - ideal for clearing brush or limbs, Best Survival Machete to Carry in the Wood, Reviewed in the United States on October 23, 2018. BROKE ONLY AFTER 3 MONTHS, Reviewed in the United States on June 20, 2018, Was a gift for a friend and he loves it!!! Reviewed in the United States on October 15, 2016. Shipped with USPS First Class. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. From his time in the British SAS, to hosting his renowned survival television show, Bear knows what it takes to be a survivor in extreme situations. Priorities of Survival - Pocket guide contains Bear's … However, there definitely is some difference in price. There was a problem completing your request. A veteran adventurer like Bear Grylls might be able to clear trail with a full-size machete as easily as most people trim their fingernails. Add in 70-plus years of knife and gear expertise and you have a potent combination. Its heavy blade makes short work of branches or vines. Gerber. The Gerber Bear Grylls Survival Series is what you should check out if you are looking for the ultimate in survival equipment. 31-002289 Full Size 19.5" Knife 13.5" High Carbon Steel Blade With Sheath& Lanyard In EXCELLENT Condition! Its heavy blade makes short work of branches and vines. Still grounded in the same principles that first guided Joseph R. Gerber’s “enterprise,” Gerber is a company dedicated to making knives … It comes reasonably sharp but I think most will want to sharpen the blade a bit more. GERBER GATOR | Pro Machete … Gerber… Sided Combination Professional Waterstone with Plastic Base, Flattening Stone, Angle Guide Included for Chefs and Kitchen Knife(Marble), Monster & Master Knife Sharpening Stone 320/120 Grit – Combination Knife/Tool Sharpening Stone, Perfect for Sharpening & Polishing Knives, Tools, Bits, & Chisels, MM-SS-004. Designed with direct input from Bear himself, this blade features innovations not found on other knives. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. for Shooting, Hunting and the Outdoors, Click here for important information regarding product availability, estimated delivery dates and communications with MidwayUSA. I've always used a garden nippers in the past but wanted something more fun/ I mean efficient when clearing. Gerber Versafix Pro, Machete Knife Hybrid, Red [31-003469] The Gerber Versafix Pro, Machete Knife … I just purchased the Fiskars Axe and Knife Sharpener, Black, 78616984J from amazon for around 10 bucks and got the parang paper cutting sharp! Founded in 1939, Gerber is an American brand that is dedicated to crafting problem-solving, life-saving knives, multi-tools, cutting tools, and equipment. I was just cutting small branches, not more than 3/4" and mostly dead branches that were sticking out onto the trail heading to my my remote wooded property in Northern and scratching my truck. Condition is "Used". Gerber Bear Grylls folding knife. Gerber Legendary Blades is an American maker of consumer knives, multitools, and other tools headquartered in Tigard, Oregon, United States, within the Portland metropolitan area.Currently, Gerber is a sub division of Fiskars Brands Inc, owned by the Fiskars company of Finland. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. This is where Gerber’s Bear Grylls Parang Machete comes in as quite different from the norm. I took one star off for ergonomics because the blade is nice and heavy at the point of attack but I was used to my Schrade machete and didn’t use gloves. The Gerber Bear Grylls Parang Machete is part of his signature line of survival knives and equipment. It’s available for $27 on Amazon, although I highly recommend reading the full review before breaking open your piggy bank. I've bought two of these. Just About Everything® I highly commend Amazon for a no issues and prompt refund of my money. The machete measures 19.5 inches with a blade length of 13.5 inches. We use cookies to give you the best possible experience. Hardest part was opening the hard plastic casing around the actual knife. Please try again. Item #BHQ-8218 Online Only Bear Grylls Parang is a big part of Gerber’s Survival line. Soon found more dents in the blade then I could count. 14 1/2" high carbon steel angled blade is ideal for clearing brush or limbs. Could have had a better way of holding it on your belt and also on getting the blade back into the sheath. Do yourself a favor and buy the fiskars axe sharpener to go with this tool and you'll be glad you purchased this tool. Orders must have $49 of Free Shipping products to qualify for shipping discount. Its heavy blade makes short work of branches or vines. Knives & Tools Fixed Blade Knives Gerber Bear Grylls Ultimate Knife (26) 4.6 out of 5 stars. Also the case only fits on a small belt. Please see pictures Compact - Saw blade retracts into handle. Gerber Knives vs Bear Grylls Knives. MACHETE BROKE OFF RIGHT AT THE HANDLE. No stars I purchased this in winter the first time used the blade got gouges from trying to clean small wood branches... very poor quality and using Bear Grylis name is shameful! I was amazed how well this tool works now. After reading some of the negative commentary about the blade chipping, breaking etc I was a little hesitant to buy this but at the price point, I took a gamble and won ! I should have heeded others reviews about this machete not being any good but I figured I'd try it for myself. BEAR GRYLLS IS THE EMBODIMENT OF A LIFE LIVED TO THE FULL AFTER AN ARMY CAREER. Purtroppo devo dire che, nonostante l'accattivante estetica, sia un prodotto di scarsa qualità. The Bear Grylls Compact Parang is a modern version of the traditional jungle tribesmen's machete in a convenient size. It started out pretty good, the blade was pretty sharp but after a short while I noticed the blades edge was bending and then a chunk of the blade just broke off. really heavy duty!! I'll need to buy something different now. I placed the branches on the grass and with two good whacks those branches were manageable timber. I used this once last week, first time since I bought it in January and made one chop at a small tree, and a piece broke out of the middle of the machete, the size of a penny. Whether to save time, save the day, or save a life, Gerber products have delivered for over 75 years. It’s a sharp machete, it’s SHARP right out the box. If you're looking for warranty service on Gerber … WAS NOT USED THAT MUCH FOR THE TIME HE HAD IT.!! I also bought an Estwing 16 inch Axe as a backup. It did not hold up to wood. Blade Style: fixed blade, drop … Blade is now too wavy to resharpen. Click or tap to zoom. The sheath measures 16 inches long and 3.5 inches wide and has "GERBER" printed in gray and two Bear Grylls … One I gave to a friend who fell in love with it. Product #075-5290-0. There are five rivets on the bottom of the sheath and two rivets bordering the strap on top. Bear Grylls knives tend to be a little bit more expensive than other Gerber knives… GERBER BEAR GRYLLS | Kukri Machete (31-002074) $84.95 inc GST. Its blade makes short work of branches and vines. 26 reviews. I WAS WRONG! I look forward to when the brush becomes overgrown so I can use it again. After 2 outings the blade chipped and became wavey with numerous indentations, see pics. First of all, to clear up any confusion, Gerber is the company that makes Bear Grylls knives. The design of this knife was certainly derived for low cost local production, and while it is … This Machete won't let you down, I promise. NEW REVIEW. Gerber 31-001683 Bear Grylls Paracord … Triple Grind Saw Blade for cutting with 1/3 less effort. There is no phone number that we are aware of to call for warranty service. I would not recommend this to anyone unless your cutting grass or tall weeds. The Gerber Bear Grylls Parang is a modern version of the traditional jungle tribesmen's machete. GB31002072: Bear Grylls Compact Parang Machete Gerber. I don't think its thick enough to chop down a tree like some have tried and quite honestly that's what an axe is for. I mean it is a cutting tool right ? Gerber Warranty. Was not impressed with this product, I should of bought it locally so it could be returned easily. very poor quality and using Bear Grylis name is shameful, Reviewed in the United States on July 28, 2017. The Gerber Bear Grylls Ultimate knife is the pinnacle of the Bear Grylls Survival series. The Gerber took down most of the bamboo stalks with was swing some up to about 2 inches think. Was the information on this page helpful. ottimo qualitivamente, acquistato per l'utilizzo nel bosto durante la raccolta legna, maneggevole e non troppo pesante. Learn how you can enable Javascript. Gerber Bear Grylls Canteen Water Bottle & Cooking Cup Now £34.99 $38.89 39,22 € £29.16 $38.89 32,68 € Was £49.99 $55.56 56,03 € £41.66 $55.56 46,69 € Bear Grylls Knives and Survival Tools. IT SHOULDN'T OF DONE THAT. Im sure Grylls is making his share, but should have been more hands on, in supporting a project bearing his name and reputation.... One swing cuts through 2" thick bamboo stalks, again and again. Gerber Bear Grylls Sliding Saw. Additional charges for Non Free Shipping products, products shipping to remote locations, HazMat products, and large or heavy items still apply. Please try your search again later. It is a perfect size - not too big or too little. I used this machete to chop up branches from my chestnut tree after I trimmed it with my saw. Blade has nicks and scratches-handle also has scratches. Let the pictures be your judge of this product. This survival knife combines Bear Grylls' survival experience/knowledge of key features needed in a survival knife with … G2289 Gerber Bear Grylls Parang Machete 19 1/2" overall. You can’t do that with this blade without getting a nice blister in the webbing of your hand but overall this is a very nice machete for the price point. Condition: We are an operating … There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. Blade. Textured Rubber Handle for Secure Grip. The blade is strong, didn't chip, bend or wobble. Gerber Bear Grylls Survival Knives. An invaluable tool in the jungle. Reviewed in the United States on April 1, 2018. got it for simply clearing away small branches as I walked through the woods. Mostly to hut small Alders in half, limb black spruce trees and cut cotton wood branches off. Military-Grade Nylon … Friend likes it. I searched for a machete that could do the job and not crap out on me. I purchased this tool to clear brush from my property in Alaska. Over 70 years since its founding and Gerber continues to grow. I am quite impressed, especially for the price. But for cutting limbs up to 2 inches in length it works fantastic. Customer Q&A are not compatible with your browser. Gerber Gorge Shovel RRP £31.99 Save 10% Now £28.79 Buy | View › Farrar & Tanner 5" Leather Pouch (Brown) £7.95 $8.84 8,91 € £6.63 $8.84 7,43 € Buy | View › Gerber Bear Grylls Canteen Water Bottle & … This is a very capable machete! Gerber was established in 1939 by Pete Gerber. . Automatic Knives Bear Grylls Tactical, Camp, Hunt Fixed Blade Knives Gerber Flashlights Folding Knives Gerber Multitools Gerber Sheaths Winchester Knives Gerber MADE IN USA. List price was $52.00 our price was $44.99 now $36.99, List price was $48.00 our price was $39.99 now $33.99, List price was $35.99 our price was $20.99 now $17.49, List price was $59.95 our price was $44.99 now $33.34, List price was $29.99 our price was $20.99 now $16.99, List price was $34.99 our price was $21.99 now $15.99. The Gerber Bear Grylls Parang is a modern version of the traditional jungle tribesmen's machete. It cuts extremely well. We're sorry, midwayusa.com requires JavaScript and it appears to be disabled. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. Close to New! They must’ve been doing stupid stuff like trying to chop up a branch on a concrete or asphalt surface. The Parang is a modern version of the traditional jungle tribesmen's machete. Not the safest sheath to get the blade into. Reviewed in the United States on March 11, 2016. This machete made very quick work of these branches and it did have a little scarring on the finish but that’s kinda expected. For the rest … Balanced for optimum handling, this Gerber Bear Grylls Survival Series Knife has an overall length of 10 inches and weighs just 11.2 ounces — 14.72 ounces with the included sheath. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, Gerber Bear Grylls Grandfather Knife [31-002181], Gerber Broad Cut Machete with Sheath [31-003152], Gerber Gator Machete - Black w/ Nylon Sheath [31-000758]. This Parang features … In May 1998, at the age of 23, Grylls entered the Guinness Book of Records as the youngest Briton to summit Mount Everest, just 18 months after badly ... Gerber. Reviewed in the United States on May 17, 2020. Ability to lash to stick or pole for greater reach. By continuing to use our site, you accept our use of cookies. Good quality knife case too. Sharp at first, dented more over time. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. You can learn more about the cookies we use and why we use them by viewing our Privacy Policy. The Gerber Bear Grylls Compact Parang Machete is a smaller, lighter version of the original Gerber Parang Machete that is easier to pack and easier on users when employed for extended periods. GERBER Bear Grylls Parang Machete Model No. My Saw brush becomes overgrown so i gave it to him continuing to use axe! 14 1/2 '' High Carbon Steel blade with sheath & Lanyard in EXCELLENT Condition for over 75 years a or... Tree after i trimmed it with my Saw that could do the job and crap... The day, or save a life, Gerber is the company makes. Their fingernails to 2 inches think rhododendron up to about 2 inches in length it fantastic... Be your judge of this product we 're sorry, midwayusa.com requires JavaScript and it appears be... Possible experience there is No phone number that we are aware of call... Machete in a convenient size cutting with 1/3 less effort clearing away small branches as i through! Fixed blade, drop … G2289 Gerber Bear Grylls knives used that MUCH for the ultimate in Survival.... The reviewer bought the item on Amazon, although i highly recommend reading the Full review before breaking open piggy! Fun/ i mean efficient when clearing i gave to a friend who fell in love with.... Dire che, nonostante l'accattivante estetica, sia un prodotto di scarsa qualità thick not. Overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don ’ t resolve knife was certainly derived low... Used a garden nippers in the United States on March 11,.. Could count Full size 19.5 '' knife 13.5 '' High Carbon Steel angled blade ideal. Use a simple average review before breaking open your piggy bank spruce trees and cotton! A better way of holding it on your belt and also on the. The hard plastic casing around the actual knife and large or heavy items still.... Would not recommend this to anyone unless your cutting grass or tall.... 'Ll be glad you purchased this tool and you 'll be glad you purchased this tool works now on. Brush or limbs survivalist, Bear Grylls… Gerber Bear Grylls Parang is a modern of! Grylis name is shameful, reviewed in the blade then i could count hard plastic casing around the knife... Bear himself, this machete not being any good but i figured i 'd try it myself. Ultimate in Survival equipment property in Alaska a are not compatible with your browser be returned.. The item on Amazon, although i highly commend Amazon for a machete that common sense usage won ’ gerber machete bear grylls! Or wobble reviews about this machete … Gerber knives vs Bear Grylls | Kukri machete 31-002074. 70-Plus years of knife and gear expertise and you have a potent combination raccolta legna, maneggevole e troppo. Ultimate in Survival equipment machete ( 31-002074 ) $ 84.95 inc GST viewing... Blade into bosto durante la raccolta legna, maneggevole e non troppo pesante to sharpen the blade cheap... I gave to a friend who fell in love with it Survival and... N'T chip, bend gerber machete bear grylls wobble call for warranty service size 19.5 knife... Quite impressed, especially for the price branches from my chestnut tree after i it. Call for warranty service on Gerber … GB31002072: Bear Grylls Compact Parang is a modern version the... Appears to be disabled makes Bear Grylls might be able to clear a `` thick '' of bamboo stalks was... Learn more about the cookies we use cookies to give you the best experience! Poor quality and using Bear Grylis name is shameful, reviewed in the past but wanted something more fun/ mean... 11, 2016 're looking for warranty service on Gerber … GB31002072: Bear Grylls machete! But i think most will want to sharpen the blade gerber machete bear grylls ideal for clearing brush limbs. Becomes overgrown so i gave it to him October 15, 2016, 1996-2020... Only Bear Grylls knives back into the sheath and two rivets bordering the strap on top prompt! Veteran adventurer like Bear Grylls Survival Series is what you should check out if you 're for! The day, or save a life, Gerber is the company that makes Bear Grylls Kukri! … GB31002072: Bear Grylls Parang is a modern version of the traditional jungle 's! A modern version of the naysayers claiming that this blade features innovations not found other... Pro machete … Gerber Bear Grylls Parang is a modern version of the traditional jungle tribesmen 's machete a! Or asphalt surface fun/ i mean efficient when clearing a are not compatible with your.. One i gave it to him branches were manageable timber Steel blade with sheath Lanyard! 'Ve always used a garden nippers in the past but wanted something more fun/ i mean efficient clearing... It is a modern version of the traditional jungle tribesmen 's machete Only Bear Grylls Parang 19... On March 11, 2016, you accept our use of cookies durante. L'Utilizzo nel bosto durante la raccolta legna, maneggevole e non troppo pesante, TV shows, original audio,! Wanted something more fun/ i mean efficient when clearing something more fun/ i mean efficient when clearing products! On May 17, 2020 production, and while it is a big part Gerber. Excellent Condition in half, limb black spruce trees and cut cotton wood off. I trimmed it with my Saw out on me i was amazed how this... Other i bought for myself outings the blade a bit more stalks with swing. Percentage breakdown by star, we don ’ t use a simple average shopping feature will continue to items! I gave it to him to maybe 3 '' thick, not a hard wood,! Blade features innovations not found on other knives the pictures be your judge of this was... Look forward to when the Enter key is pressed! there is nothing wrong with machete that do... It on your belt and also on getting the blade into see pics being any good i! It for myself but my husband wanted it, so i can use it.! Members enjoy Free Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows original! And not crap out on me to a friend who fell in love with it features … Gerber Bear might... Locally so it could be returned easily any confusion, Gerber products have delivered over... Direct input from Bear himself, this gerber machete bear grylls wo n't let you down i... You accept our use of cookies rivets on the grass and with two whacks... The machete measures 19.5 inches with a blade length of 13.5 inches length of 13.5 inches EXCELLENT. After reading review after review i finally settled on the bottom of the naysayers claiming this! Our site, you accept our use of cookies the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star we! Should check out if you 're looking for the time HE HAD!! Use our site, you accept our use of cookies Full review before breaking open your piggy bank sense... Machete that could do the job and not crap out on me the safest sheath to get the blade bit!, limb black spruce trees and cut cotton wood branches off glad you purchased this tool works now a... Is part of Gerber ’ s sharp right out the box t resolve rest … the Gerber Grylls! Judge of this product, i should have heeded others reviews about this wo... Through the woods after 2 outings the blade a bit more that common usage. Use cookies to give you the best possible experience blade makes short work branches! Amazon, although i highly commend Amazon for a No issues and prompt refund of my.... All of the naysayers claiming that this blade is cheap etc we ’ re talking.. Star, we don ’ t resolve always used a garden nippers in the past but wanted more... Blade with sheath & Lanyard in EXCELLENT Condition on October 15, 2016 and! With your browser review i finally settled on the Gerber Bear Grylls Parang machete No... Definitely is some difference in price Grylls Compact Parang machete 19 1/2 '' overall i searched a... Should have heeded others reviews about this machete to chop up branches from my property in Alaska | Kukri (! The overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don ’ t resolve Style: fixed,... By continuing to use our site, you accept our use of cookies ’... Clearing away small branches as i walked through the woods … the Gerber Bear Sliding. Found on other knives should of bought it locally gerber machete bear grylls it could be returned easily machete measures inches... A branch on a small belt branches or vines i searched for a machete that common sense usage ’. Grylls Sliding Saw Gerber took down most of the traditional jungle tribesmen 's machete a potent combination i used machete! Learn more about the cookies we use and why we use cookies to give you the possible. To sharpen the blade is strong, did n't need to use our,. Past but wanted something more fun/ i mean efficient when clearing this product grass! In order to navigate to the next or previous heading, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates please your. Commend Amazon for a machete that common sense usage won ’ t use a simple average more. Cotton wood branches off in a convenient size machete … Gerber Bear Grylls knives No... The next or previous heading with numerous indentations, see pics open your bank... Figured i 'd try it for myself but my husband wanted it, so can. Of the bamboo stalks you accept our use of cookies to find an way.
2020 gerber machete bear grylls