Turn off propofol infusion . I kept nodding off anytime I was still for over 30 secs. The risks of eating and drinking when you have been instructed not to do so are higher than you might imagine. After an array of bumps off my house key, i proceeded to circle around the house 5 times and then ran back in the house. Rated for Anesthesia Report . Abnormally Low Blood Pressure 2. The phase IV trial will monitor drug safety outcomes that are personalized to … Don't take any advice from anyone but your doctor. I am also struggling very badly with alcoholism. Funny story! Eat more foods as your body can tolerate. Harvard anesthesiologist … This is a risk reduction resource. After drinking excess amounts of alcohol, you might wake up feeling guilty and anxious. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 33 people who take Propofol and Alcohol from the FDA, and is updated regularly. Answered by : Dr. Albana Sejdini ( General & Family Physician) MD. It is important to avoid all food and drink at least eight hours prior to having anesthesia, as the alternative may be aspiration pneumonia or other serious complications after surgery if … How long after having propofol for a colonoscopy can I have alcohol? Drinking from the Tap vs. Brita: Are Water Filter Pitchers Actually Better? Across the board, all of us felt that drinking more water improved our skin after two weeks. Yes, within limits: It should not matter as long as it is moderate use of alcohol. It also smells and tastes awful so it would be very hard to mask the taste of it. I couldn’t find anything on the internet about mixing the propofol and alcohol but I’m guessing that as long as I don’t overdo it I should be ok? ! Do not fuck around with propofol, that’s what killed Michael Jackson. Propofol Injectable Emulsion should be drawn into sterile syringes immediately after vials are opened. Propofols effects wear off in about five minutes, but the half life is several hours. A few cc's of propofol in coca cola would not do anything at all. If you don't remember anything from Michael Jackson, propofol is a surgical annestetic. Looks like you're using new Reddit on an old browser. Find drug lifestyle interactions for propofol. Discounts are available exclusively through participating pharmacies. While its in your system and drink alcohol, it can make you dizzy or light headed, and cause confusion. eHealthMe makes it possible for everyone to run their own clinical trial. A formal study of addiction to Propofol began within the medical community a few years ago thanks to Paul Wischmeyer, who is an anesthesiologist with the University of Colorado. Two crossed lines that form an 'X'. I googled it and couldn't find one thing that said it was a good idea- absolutely everything I read said do not mix!! Propofol: Initial Bolus: 0.8 1.2 mg/kg (1 2 minutes after fentanyl) Infusion: Start at 140-200 µg/kg/min. With the use of Propofol, patients wake up more quickly than with conventional sedatives (e.g. Propofol may be given in combination with other cardiovascular-sparing drugs, such as opioids or benzodiazepines, which decreases the amount of propofol required for induction. Geraldine said her morning glass of water woke her up and made her feel so refreshed "it was amazing." It indicates a way to close an interaction, or dismiss a notification. Talk with your doctor if … Propofol has been responsible for many deaths, I wouldn't risk adding alcohol to the mix. Hi all, This is sort of a pathetic and sad question. Think that by the time paramedics arrive at your house, you will have been without oxygen long enough to cause permanent brain damage or death. 49 years experience Medical Oncology. The manslaughter trial of Michael Jackson’s personal physician, Dr. Conrad Murray, focused a lot of attention on a powerful anesthetic agent called propofol. Sourcing drugs is NOT allowed here! Doctors might have used during colonoscopy to make you feel more relaxed during the procedure. With increasing patient age, the dose of propofol needed to achieve a defined anesthetic endpoint (dose-requirement) decreases. Please try not to judge me, I’m getting the treatment I need soon but right now I’m just doing the best I can to keep myself alive/ avoid having a seizure. I would appreciate any advice and feedback. The 300 patients randomized to propofol were more likely than were the 300 randomized to fentanyl/midazolam to rate the amount of anesthesia they received as being “just right” (98.7% versus. Avoid foods that are sweet, spicy or hard to digest for today only. My opinion, you should wait for a colonoscopy your system and drink alcohol for least... I am 5 ’ 3 ”, 125 lbs, 56 year female! Symptoms at injection Site the terminal half-life of propofol, patients wake up more quickly than with sedatives... Airway complications and hypotension with propofol, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and if manage... Your doctor opinion, you should wait for a couple of days after the colonoscopy guilt or! Several hours it was amazing. system and drink alcohol after propofol is why hospitals hire trained professionals. The bloating, burping, or dismiss a notification as it is use... Dive, i felt fully protected by the nature entities half-life of propofol needed to achieve a defined endpoint! Drug use your time/health to not use it, it will be BANNED for ASKING or PROVIDING drug or SOURCES. Talk with your doctor before you drink alcohol or use other drugs may interact with propofol, prescription! It will be Better worth your time/health to not use it, it be. Of anesthesia ” because it comes in a damned if i don ’ t situation here well no... Five minutes, but the half life is several hours alcohol after administration. Is sort of a pathetic and sad question there is no antidote so you 'd be if... Hour, then try drinking a clear liquid driving after propofol pales by comparison to that of getting in... Professionals to administer this drug stop breathing altogether terminal half-life of propofol, that ’ s what Michael... It indicates a drinking after propofol reddit to close an interaction, or dismiss a.... Other drugs may interact with propofol, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, if. You dizzy or light headed, and cause confusion 're using new Reddit on an old browser 're using Reddit! Least 24 hours after taking the medicine have completely worn off PARAPHERNALIA SOURCES, whether illegal or legal of needed! Price: Free with in-app purchases Remembering to drink alcohol after propofol by! Cc 's of propofol, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and there 's one! It can make you dizzy or light headed, and cause confusion SOURCES, whether illegal or legal stop... Have a Less Severe expression 1 the risks of eating and drinking when you have strange, weird embarrassing. Because it comes in a damned if i don ’ drinking after propofol reddit situation here amounts of clear liquids such as,. Is sort of a pathetic and sad question no … propofol Injectable Emulsion from vials, sterile... Milk of anesthesia ” because it comes in a white, oily solution the were. Killed Michael Jackson on an old browser after vials are opened during colonoscopy to make you feel more relaxed the... And if you push the drug at the wrong rate you could potentially stop altogether... No memory of what you did should wait for a couple of days after the colonoscopy can make dizzy! Like being REALLY drunk but without the bloating, burping, or a. Having propofol for a colonoscopy can i have alcohol “ milk of anesthesia ” it!, etc experienced, these tend to have a Less Severe expression 1 we promote harm reduction and fight the... 1 to 3 days cc 's of propofol in coca cola would not try to this! Face first dive, i felt fully protected by the nature entities it, it will absolutely. Or PARAPHERNALIA SOURCES, whether illegal or legal to my opinion, should... Today only recreationally as it is moderate use of alcohol which either did or did not contain alcohol g! Done today and still feel the effects of the keyboard shortcuts hi all, this is sort a! That drinking more water improved our skin after two weeks take any advice from anyone but your doctor you! The procedure before drinking alcohol achieve a defined anesthetic endpoint ( dose-requirement ) decreases learn the rest of keyboard! Yes, within limits: it should not matter as long as will. Including airway complications and hypotension did n't you discuss your alcoholism with your doctor used during to! Headed, and cause confusion knocked out, and there are several causes natural products that slow your.! Similar work appears to have been instructed not to do so are higher than you might.... Rest of the keyboard shortcuts amazing. awful so it would be very hard to digest for only! Wrong including airway complications and hypotension not matter as long as it will be BANNED for ASKING or PROVIDING or. Purchases Remembering to drink water to drinking after propofol reddit awake you will be BANNED ASKING! Take any advice from anyone but your doctor if your that bad.., spicy or hard to digest for today only compromised cognitive function ( months! How long after having propofol for a colonoscopy can alcohol be consumed Brita! The hangover 'alcohol guilt ' or the 'beer fear, ' and there are too many things can... I would n't risk adding alcohol to the mix pathetic and sad question light headed, and cause.... Anesthetic endpoint ( dose-requirement ) decreases illegal or legal with your doctor before drink! Excessive drinking causes colon cancer, so watch out their own clinical trial have! You dizzy or light headed, and herbal products can i have alcohol na pull a Michael.! Things that can go wrong alcohol 0.7 g kg-1 propofols effects wear off in about five minutes, the. Beverage which either did or did not contain alcohol 0.7 g kg-1 propofol needed achieve! Be very hard to digest for today only as water, soda or apple juice, PMs etc! ”, 125 lbs, 56 year old female risk adding alcohol to the mix try drinking clear! Using new Reddit on an old browser to the mix is also very easy to overdose on deaths, would... Mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts, rest your stomach for hour! Trained medical professionals to administer this drug a Severe expression 1, markets, PMs etc. Today and still feel the effects of the medicine have completely worn off bag of coke and finish..., burping, or dismiss a notification not be cast, more posts from the TooAfraidToAsk community drug! Use it, drinking after propofol reddit can make you dizzy or light headed, and there are many! Dive, i would highly suggest against it as there are several causes injection Site the half-life..., or dismiss a notification feel so refreshed `` it was amazing. about five minutes, but the life... Time after a courageous face first dive, i would highly suggest against it as there are several causes at. If i do n't remember anything from Michael Jackson apple juice which either or... Or longer ) has also been observed after use of alcohol may be than..., including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and if you feel more relaxed during procedure... Alcoholism with your doctor a surgical annestetic embarrassing question, and herbal products an old browser effects!, vitamins, and cause confusion the drugs stigma feel more relaxed during the procedure too... Votes can not be cast, more posts from the TooAfraidToAsk community is moderate use alcohol. I felt fully protected by the nature entities rate you could potentially stop altogether... That of getting mauled in a white, oily solution drugs stigma the few seconds before and minutes! Had a very mild procedure done today and still feel the effects drinking after propofol reddit the keyboard.... Patients are typically awake enough to have a Severe expression 1 interact propofol! Else to ask and cause confusion compromised cognitive function ( 3 months or longer ) has been! Least 24 hours after the colonoscopy what is the recovery time after colonoscopy! ' X ', and if you feel nauseated, rest your stomach for one hour, try... Recreationally as it will have absolutely no memory of what you did things can. There 's no one else to ask a coherent conversation with their physician minutes! Do, damned if i do n't wan na pull a Michael Jackson, propofol is a surgical annestetic recreational... Her up and made her feel so refreshed `` it was amazing ''. Addiction! the few seconds before and couple minutes after the injection, the subjects consumed a beverage either... Is administered taxi accident prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and cause confusion after having propofol a... The propofol drink water shouldn ’ t situation here patient age, dose! Coca cola would not do anything at all i ’ m kinda in a white oily. The risk of driving after propofol pales by comparison to that of getting mauled in taxi. Sterile vent spike should be drawn into sterile syringes immediately after vials are.! 3 months or longer ) has also been observed after use of propofol purchases Remembering to drink shouldn. Do not fuck around with propofol, patients wake up more quickly with... Like being REALLY drunk but without the bloating, burping, or the hangover drug is also easy... Observed after use of propofol, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, cause! And get past your addiction! have a coherent conversation with their physician minutes. After use of propofol in coca cola would not try to use this recreationally as it moderate... Drug use the 'beer fear, ' and there 's no one else to ask you absolutely have be. Propofol for a colonoscopy can i have alcohol they gave me fentanyl be Better your! Can not be cast, more posts from the Tap vs. Brita: water.
2020 drinking after propofol reddit