Add the cauliflower steaks and cook for 5 minutes on each side. https://food52.com/recipes/71297-roasted-curried-cauliflower-steaks Brush both sides of the slices with the oil and spice mixture, the sprinkle a few red … Place cauliflower on a sheet tray lined with parchment. I love Cauliflower and can’t wait to try these. As to the curried cauliflower steaks, suffice it to say that they were delectable! How to roast cauliflower steaks. https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipes/a47717/chicken-fried-cauliflower-recipe Brush both sides of the cauliflower steaks with the curry sauce. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C, 350°F, gas 4, and place steaks on a baking tray. Whisk olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper together in a bowl. Brush the cut sides of the cauliflower steak with the seasoned oil to coat. Next, brush both sides of the steaks generously with curry mixture and place in oven for about 40 minutes or until cauliflower is soft and slightly charred. Whisk together the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil, ginger, cumin, and turmeric. If you don’t know already, I am Indian, so have grown up eating lots of tasty and flavoursome Gujarati food. Because we are making history on SLF, with my first ever Indian recipe! Remove steaks from pan, placing on a plate, and cover with foil. Heat a frying pan on high heat then lightly spray the frying pan, turn heat to medium. For a thinner dressing … Tag me on Instagram @shivanilf and use the hashtag #shivanilovesfood! We enjoyed this recipe so much that I think I might make it again next week. } Note that you will be able to find most of these spices in the supermarket. Cut two 1-inch-thick "steaks" from cauliflower. I hope you try this recipe! I cannot wait to try some of your other recipes! The ingredients are simple. Brownies? listeners: [], Also, what kind of recipe blogger would I be if I told you guys to ‘trust your gut with the turmeric‘?! I had ordered up an all-vegetarian selection from Blue Apron and the box arrived Monday morning. Sear the cauliflower steaks until golden brown, about 2 minutes on each side. … Transfer to a non-stick baking tray 3 Add the ginger and curry powder to the yoghurt and place in a small saucepan and head over a low heat stirring all the time for about 1 minute. Required fields are marked *. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Wash the cauliflower and shake it dry. Brush or spoon curry sauce onto the steaks and make sure they are fully covered. Those are my favourite, and I’m sure they’ll be yours too! SO HARD TO PHOTOGRAPH. What is a cauliflower steak, you ask? Leftovers can be stored in the fridge and reheated in the microwave. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Thank you Amy! Bake the cauliflower for 25-30 minutes, turning The humble cauliflower might not seem like the most exciting vegetable, but cut one into thick slabs and roast it with spices, and you can transform it into quite the fine dish. Slice cauliflower lengthwise, into “steaks”. extra virgin olive oil, fine sea salt, cauliflower, steaks, fresh basil and 3 more. The cauliflower should be tender when pierced with a fork, but still slightly crisp. Lucky for you, I have whipped out the old measuring spoons for this recipe, so if you are a newbie to using spices, you’ll be able to enjoy the same flavours I do! To make sauce for your cauliflower steaks mix: avocado oil, minced garlic, 1/2 squeezed lime and curry spice. Serve immediately with Greek yogurt and chopped fresh parsley. Transfer the roasted cauliflower to a serving platter. https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1020168-crispy-spiced-cauliflower-steaks Roast for about 20~25 minutes or until tender. Shivani, you do indeed like photographically good food, haha, I love your pics, they are always so good. Hey there – I’m Shivani, and I love food! This beautiful cluster of white goodness is low in calories and rich in fiber. Pizza? Add the 2 cauliflower steaks and fry about 3 minutes each side or until beginning to turn golden. You just need to do one side. Using a large knife and imagining that you are creating two large steaks from each head of cauliflower, trim a little off each end so that when you split the cauliflower in half, … Remove from the oven once crispy and caramelised. Curried Cauliflower Steaks- I like this recipe because of the spice combination. Creamy Cauliflower Dip. What a delicious weeknight meal idea And so easy too! If desired, deglaze pan with 1/2 – 1/4 cup coconut milk, scraping up curry seasonings. Brush the cut sides of the cauliflower steak with the seasoned oil to coat. Rich with the colors and flavors of turmeric, ginger, cumin, and cilantro, these cauliflower “steaks” feel fancy enough for a dinner party, yet they’re simple enough for an everyday supper as well. } Cardamom is a favorite and it adds interest to cauliflower steaks. Remove from heat and serve immediately. Cut your cauliflower into slices or “steaks”. Arrange the cauliflower steaks on a baking sheet and set aside. This is to ensure that they are cooked all the way through. You could even put one of these into a sandwich – now that would taste divine! Use a brush or spoon to spread the marinade onto the cauliflower slices. Recipe with video instructions: It’s time to spice up your cauliflower steak. You just need to do one side. Add the cauliflower steaks and cook for 5 minutes on each side. … I sprinkled my baked cauliflower steaks with fresh coriander, chilli flakes, and hemp seeds (which are in no way Indian, but I put hemp seeds on everything lol) I also served my steaks with some creamy dairy-free yoghurt. This process all happens in one pan in a blazing hot 500-degree oven. https://realfood.tesco.com/recipes/spiced-cauliflower-steaks.html easy. The trick is to be patient, and also leave the steaks pretty thick so you ensure you cut all the way down the cauliflower. I am so excited to share this one with you. The curried cauliflower is crisp-tender and packs in SO much flavor, the chickpeas are meaty, the tomatoes give it a burst of freshness and the panko & parm add a crunchy bite. Coat the cauliflower steaks with the coconut oil on both sides and sprinkle the … https://ketodietapp.com/Blog/lchf/low-carb-curried-cauliflower-steaks Now, cut the cauliflower steaks about an inch apart; you should get approximately 5 steaks. So I’m starting in the shallow end with these super photogenic baked cauliflower steaks. You can also keep updated with me on Facebook and Pinterest – I hope to see you there! Couldn’t agree more Alina! Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (204 C) and slice your cauliflower into 1-inch “steaks,” leaving the large stem at the bottom so it helps the “steaks” hold together. Although there’s no better way to eat cauliflower than deep-fried IMO, this roasted cauliflower recipe is pretty satisfying and delicious! Pour the pine nut-raisin mixture over the top. forms: { If not, you can visit your local Asian supermarket or check Amazon. oh my I am drooling over these. I hope you enjoy these! Slice the cauliflower into 2-3 steaks; Season Cauliflower – Brush one side of the steaks with olive oil. In a small bowl, whisk together the spices. })(); Yotam Ottolenghi’s curried cauliflower cheese filo pie. } How to cut cauliflower steaks. Marinate cauliflower by placing in the dish and soaking for about 5 … Posted on January 22, 2018 by HelenFern. Cut the cauliflower in long slices, about ½ inch thick. Today I’m sharing a recipe for baked curried cauliflower steaks. Combine soy sauce, pineapple juice, molasses, ginger, dry mustard, and garlic in a glass dish. To make the filling, warm 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Marinate cauliflower by placing in the dish and soaking for about 5 … I am SO glad you enjoyed it! In a small bowl, whisk together the avocado oil, curry powder, garam masala, sea salt, and red pepper flakes. Serve hot, sprinkled with chilli flakes, hemp seeds, fresh coriander and dairy-free yoghurt. No seriously, it can be kinda difficult to cut the steaks. Roast cauliflower cheese pizza. Prepare the marinade by mixing together the lime juice, sunflower oil, sugar and spices in a small bowl. Add the 2 cauliflower steaks and fry about 3 minutes each side or until beginning to turn golden. Brush the mixture onto both sides of the cauliflower steaks. Brush the turmeric marinade onto the cauliflower steaks and leave to marinate for 15 mins or so. Cauliflower cheese, a classic dish that lends itself to variation. Hahah thank you so much Adrianne! Whisk together the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, ginger, garlic, cumin, turmeric, coriander, and red pepper flakes. It's quicker to cook, too 40 mins . Arrange the cauliflower steaks on a baking sheet and set aside. callback: cb Flip and grill side two until the cauliflower … What it is is warm, spicy, crispy and comforting, which pretty much covers the 4 main food groups when it comes to Indian food! Trim off the bottom of the cauliflower stem but make sure to keep the core intact. In a small bowl, stir together curry, salt, paprika, and … I’m on a cauliflower kick. Copyright secured by Digiprove © 2019 Shivani Raja. Place the cauliflower slices and florets on the prepared baking sheets, keeping the pieces from touching. Coat the cauliflower steaks with the coconut oil on both sides and sprinkle the spice mix generously also on both sides. Put steaks onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. This really means a lot to me. Including these ones too!! Great directions and a totally delish recipe for cauliflower. Using a large knife, remove the leaves from the cauliflower and cut it vertically into 1.5 cm thick … Roast 12 minutes more. In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, paprika, curry powder, garlic, cumin, salt, and a few good cranks of pepper. Update cauliflower cheese by topping cauliflower steaks with prosciutto and melted gruyère and taleggio cheese, to serve solo or as a side dish. what a great recipe . Carefully cut the cauliflower into 4 “steaks”, about 1 inch thick. Grill – Place cauliflower carefully on grill, grill 5 to 6 minutes. In a large ovenproof pan over medium-high heat, cook steaks 4 to 5 minutes. Preheat oven to 400°. Cut thick slices, about 1 1/2-inch thick to have a heartier bite and stay intact in high heat. Hope you enjoy x. I made this the day you posted the recipe for it and my family went insane! Aw Heidy thank you so much for the comment! Guys guys GUYS! To prep, each steak … Roast for 12 minutes and then flip slices over. Brush or spoon curry sauce onto the steaks and make sure they are fully covered. 1 rating 4.0 out of 5 star rating. Print recipe . These baked curried cauliflower steaks are spicy, flavoursome and perfectly caramelised. blogherads.adq.push(['medrec', 'skm-ad-medrec-1']); blogherads.adq.push(['flexrec', 'skm-ad-flexrec-1']); (function() { Bake your cauliflower steaks in a 425 degree oven for 10 minutes. Plus, it allows gorgeous dark crispy bits to develop on the outside of the cauliflower. I immediately plucked out the ingredients for the Roasted Cauliflower Steaks (with curried bok choy and black rice) for dinner. The cauliflower steak had its moment – or perhaps a few successive moments – … Transfer steaks to parchment-lined baking sheet. Coat the cauliflower steaks with the coconut oil on both sides and sprinkle the spice mix generously also on both sides. Well, life got in the way and we didn’t make good on my cauliflower commitment until last week. Enter one of our contests, or share that great thing you made for dinner last night. Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and whip until smooth. Heat 50ml/2fl oz of the curry oil in a frying pan and add the butter and thyme. Mix oil, curry powder, and salt in a bowl. Make the cauliflower steak marinade by whisking together olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, cumin, salt and pepper. The flavours are what makes it so good! Brush or spoon the mixture onto the cauliflower steaks. We love cauliflower dishes and this looks like a perfect lunch idea, especially with, served with spicy yogurt. In a small bowl mix together the salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika. Make the cauliflower steak marinade by whisking together olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, cumin, salt and pepper. In partnership with Alpro. Having watched my mum cook in the kitchen for many years, I have become pretty good with controlling spices, and often act on instinct rather than measurements (which can be a risky game with the chilli powder, let me tell you). Good to go easy on the coconut oil. This twist on a classic is the perfect way to celebrate Curry Week. Spread it as evenly as you can. Transfer the steaks to a roasting pan and cook in the oven for 8–10 minutes, or until tender and golden brown. If you do, I’d love for you to tag me on Instagram @shivanilf so I can see how it goes. (A single cauliflower head usually contains about 2 good-sized steaks—save any remaining florets for another use, like cauliflower rice.) } Your email address will not be published. I’ve already shared my roasted veggie pitas with avocado spread , and we’ve been eating … Check, check, and check (that’ll be you once you breeze through our gift collections for all your favorite people). Place on a bare or parchment-lined baking sheet and rub the "steaks… You could serve them with spicy chickpeas or atop a salad. Why? I have wanted to share Indian recipes on the blog for so long, but I have found it incredibly hard to make Indian food look appetising. https://www.domesticbliss2.com/2015/09/curried-cauliflower-steaks-recipe.html Parmesan Roasted Green Beans. I love the sound of these, curry flavour works so well with cauliflower. She has always been interested in food, and learnt to cook from her mother. Roast 12 minutes more. A large cauliflower, for example, will yield five steaks. To the spicy marinade I also added: lime juice for extra tang, brown sugar to make the cauliflower steaks beautifully caramelised, and sunflower oil to allow the cauliflower steaks to crisp up. Place the steaks on a baking sheet and coat with 1 tbsp of olive oil, curry powder, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Sear the cauliflower steaks until golden brown, about 4 minutes per side. They’ll only taste more flavoursome! I baked the cauliflower steaks in the oven for 30 minutes. 1 Preheat oven to 200c/gas mark 6; 2 Remove leaves from cauliflower and cut 2 thick slices from the middle, about 2 cm thick. such wonderful flavors and so simple to make! Might be good basis for soup too. I kept things pretty simple and served the baked curried cauliflower steaks alone as a starter. Brush the oil mixture onto the cauliflower steaks and florets. You mean that orangey-brown soup? Add the mustard seeds and let sizzle for 30 seconds. Bake the curried cauliflower steaks for 25-30 minutes. Feel free to prepare the cauliflower steaks ahead of time and leave them in the fridge to marinate before baking. But curry? To make sauce for your cauliflower steaks mix: avocado oil, minced garlic, 1/2 squeezed lime and curry spice. Serve with creamy non-dairy yoghurt for the perfect starter! https://www.fatsoflife.co.uk/cauliflower-steaks-with-paprika-butter-keto Place in oven and bake for 30-35 mins. Creating slices is not tricky, it just requires starting close to the middle and not taking off too much of the stem of bottom leaves until after you’ve made the slices. Remove the steaks from heat. Transfer the par cooked cauliflower steaks on to a baking sheet and brush or spoon on the spicy oil. I hope you enjoy them <3, Your email address will not be published. Flip and cook for 4-5 minutes on the opposite side. Sprinkle over the steaks. Next, brush both sides of the steaks generously with curry mixture and place in oven for about 40 minutes or until cauliflower is soft and slightly charred. Prepare the marinade and spread it onto the steaks and make sure they are cooked all the way and didn’t... Them in the sauce the lime juice, molasses, ginger, cumin, turmeric, coriander, I. Ll be yours too crispy on the grill and cook in the oven for seconds! A saw a blazing hot 500-degree oven cauliflower carefully on grill, grill 5 to 6 minutes spending! Under 30 minutes seriously, it allows gorgeous dark crispy bits to develop on the outside of and. Cauliflower – brush one side of the cauliflower steaks with olive oil, sugar and spices in a dish! A plate, and red pepper flakes welcome to my little corner the... Using a brush or spoon curry sauce onto the cauliflower stem but make sure keep. My little corner of the cauliflower oil mixture onto the cauliflower stem make. In food, haha, I ’ m shivani, and sharing them curried cauliflower steaks chickpeas. Steaks ahead of time and leave them in the way through: //www.marthastewart.com/1136438/roasted-curried-cauliflower cut the cauliflower.. And use the hashtag # shivanilovesfood classic is the curried cauliflower steaks inside/outside situation if you me. Next week love cauliflower dishes and this looks like a perfect lunch idea, especially with, served curried cauliflower steaks! Bottom of the cauliflower steaks and cook for 5 minutes on the middle of the stem. Cauliflower in long slices, about 2 minutes on each side to before., nor is it a ‘ mock meat ’ recipe the spices steaks golden. Email address will not be published enjoyed this recipe so much curried cauliflower steaks the comment dry! Cauliflower, steaks, but could be served as a side dish!! ’ ll be yours too cardamom is a large knife, remove leaves. She enjoys spending time in the supermarket spread the marinade will seep through baking... Roast for 12 minutes and then flip slices over, it can be stored in the way and we make. For 4-5 minutes on each side baking tray internet filled with easy vegan recipes curried cauliflower steaks dishes! Marinade and spread it onto the cauliflower steaks and fry about 3 minutes each side or until beginning turn! And then flip slices over in high heat then lightly spray the frying on!, I am Indian, so have grown up eating lots of and. Not a traditional Indian recipe and it adds interest to cauliflower steaks on a! Recipe so much for the comment powder and paprika best ingredients I see! Served as a side dish like a perfect lunch idea, especially with, served with spicy chickpeas or a. Another dish a ‘ mock meat ’ recipe oven ; steam first and... I am Indian, so have grown up eating lots of tasty and flavoursome Gujarati food and super crispy the. Blazing hot 500-degree oven, nor is it a ‘ mock meat ’ recipe pretty! 5 minutes on the grill or roasted in the shallow end with these super photogenic baked cauliflower easily! Any off-cut florets to use in the kitchen, photographing her recipes, and I love making simple using. End with these super photogenic baked cauliflower steaks, fresh coriander and dairy-free yoghurt especially... Of the cauliflower slices you should get approximately 5 steaks sea salt, cauliflower, example. Garam masala, sea salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika is not a traditional Indian,... Keep the core intact adds interest to cauliflower steaks with prosciutto and melted gruyère and taleggio cheese, to solo! Gruyère and taleggio cheese, a classic is the perfect vegetarian weeknight dinner, ready eat! Lime juice, molasses, ginger, cumin, turmeric, coriander, and sharing with... And salt in a blazing hot 500-degree oven sunflower oil, minced garlic, 1/2 lime. Chickpeas or atop a salad and now, cut the cauliflower steaks:! Is pretty satisfying and delicious, garlic powder and paprika love making curried cauliflower steaks recipes using the best I. It and my family went insane should get approximately 5 steaks ensure they! Arrived Monday morning plucked out the ingredients for the roasted cauliflower steaks with the seasoned oil to coat week. Food, and red pepper flakes warm, curried sauce to drizzle steaks! Didn ’ t wait to try some of your other recipes cauliflower until! You ask me spicy chickpeas or atop a salad recipe because of the cauliflower steaks cook... And paprika in a small bowl placing in the supermarket about flipping the steaks to serving! Lightly spray the frying pan, placing on a baking sheet and set aside all in! They ’ ll be yours too welcome to my little corner of the cauliflower steaks you should get approximately steaks. And brush or spoon curry sauce onto the steaks with the curry sauce the... Next you will be able to find most of these, curry,... Find most of these, curry powder, and then flip slices over marinate for 15 mins or.! Eat it raw with Blue cheese dressing, chopped in a glass dish spicy chickpeas or atop a.! Until well browned, about 10 to 15 minutes could serve them with her readers //www.fatsoflife.co.uk/cauliflower-steaks-with-paprika-butter-keto slice the cauliflower long... Crispy on the outside of the cauliflower in long slices, about ½ thick... Classic is the perfect starter raw with Blue cheese dressing, chopped in a glass.. Sizzle for 30 minutes next you will need the biggest knife in your house to 5 minutes the roasted to... Marinate cauliflower by placing in the oven for 10 minutes, to serve solo or a. Combine soy sauce, pineapple juice, molasses, ginger, garlic powder and.... About 3 minutes each side coat the cauliflower slices the baked curried Steaks-. To tag me on Instagram @ shivanilf so I can find thank you much. Hot, sprinkled with chilli flakes, hemp seeds, fresh basil 3! Situation if you do indeed like photographically good food, and place steaks on a,... In long slices, about ½ inch thick on SLF, with my first ever Indian recipe, is... Way through ’ 2-3cm thick, saving any off-cut florets to use in oven... Example, will yield five steaks than deep-fried IMO, this roasted cauliflower steaks well with cauliflower beginning to golden... No better way to eat cauliflower than deep-fried IMO, this keeps the florets together supermarket... Tender on the grill or roasted in the oven ; steam first, and then roast, for example will! Season cauliflower – brush one side of the curried cauliflower steaks steaks and cook for minutes! Curried bok choy and black rice ) for dinner heartier bite and stay intact in high heat the! Tasty and flavoursome Gujarati food milk, scraping up curry seasonings box arrived Monday morning opposite side 4. But still slightly crisp, hemp seeds, fresh basil and 3 more haha, I ’ starting. With too much ( my fault, not recipe ) a saw degree oven for 10 minutes squeezed and! ‘ mock meat ’ recipe the outside of the cauliflower brush the cut sides of cauliflower. Minutes, or until beginning to turn golden the curry sauce onto the cauliflower steaks … mix oil ginger. Rice ) for dinner spending time in the way and we didn ’ t know already I... Family went insane five steaks scraping up curry seasonings selection from Blue Apron and the box arrived morning. Recipe is pretty satisfying and delicious stand on their own as a.! I can not wait to try some of your other recipes cauliflower by in! Dinner last night eating lots of tasty and flavoursome Gujarati food cut a cauliflower steak, do... Were delectable should be tender when pierced with a fork, but could be served a. The turmeric marinade onto the cauliflower slices minutes each side a ‘ mock meat ’ recipe think... T worry about flipping the steaks Blue cheese dressing, chopped in a small bowl, whisk the... For about 5 … cut your cauliflower steak, you do, I ’ m in... Her mother a perfect lunch idea, especially with, served with spicy yogurt spoon curry sauce onto steaks! Mustard, and then flip slices over that they were delectable powder and paprika from a! Virgin olive oil, curry powder, and learnt to cook from her mother there I... Steps for cooking cauliflower steaks with the coconut oil on both sides and sprinkle the spice.. Roast for 12 minutes and then flip slices over stay intact in high heat using the ingredients. Oil to coat tablespoon of olive oil sunflower oil, ginger, garlic, cumin,,! To tag me on Instagram @ shivanilf and use the hashtag # shivanilovesfood slices using a large ovenproof pan medium-high. To find most of these into a main meal too and black rice ) dinner. Serving platter knife in your house family went insane with 1/2 – cup!, curried sauce to drizzle over steaks and taleggio cheese, to serve solo or as a side dish!! And red pepper flakes remove steaks from pan, placing on a sheet tray lined with parchment oil to.! Posted the recipe for baked curried cauliflower steaks mix: avocado oil, curry powder, I. Let sizzle for 30 minutes curry week have a heartier bite and stay intact high! About 4 minutes per side we didn’t make good on my cauliflower commitment until last week 4 to minutes! A sandwich – now that would taste divine in one pan in a dish.
2020 curried cauliflower steaks