A Midsummer Night’s Dream Act 2 August 13, 2019. The palace of THESEUS. Scene 1; ... Four nights will quickly dream away the time; And then the moon, like to a silver bow. A Midsummer Night's Dream: Act 1 Scene 1 (no rating) 0 customer reviews. This man hath my consent to marry her.—. her. before his marriage to Hippolyta to make up her mind. Robin, thinking he…, The tradesmen meet in the woods to rehearse. Previous Post E: As You Like It (Themes) Next Post The Tempest. If then true lovers have been ever crossed. Take time to pause, and by the next new moon. Egeus has agreed to let Demetrius marry Hermia; however, Hermia is in love with Lysander, who is also interested in marrying her. Shakespeare portrays (III.ii.188, III.ii.247). Awake the pert and nimble spirit of mirth. Theseus, the Duke of Athens, is preparing the city for a large festival to mark his imminent marriage to Hippolyta. The palace of THESEUS. though he wooed her with his sword (Hippolyta, queen of the Amazons, As due to love as thoughts and dreams and sighs. Act 3 Scene One Questions and answers Midsummer Nights Dream August 27, 2019. Midsummer's Night is a time of craziness, of mirth and magic. by his daughter Hermia and the Athenian youths Lysander and Demetrius. Do you marry him. Theseus, duke of Athens, is planning the festivities for his upcoming wedding to the newly captured Amazon, Hippolyta. Egeus arrives…, Six Athenian tradesmen decide to put on a play, called “Pyramus and Thisbe,” for Theseus and Hippolyta’s wedding. Look, here comes Helena. Share. To win Demetrius’s favor, Helena decides to tell him about Lysander and Hermia’s planned elopement. Therefore, hear me, Hermia: From Athens is her house remote seven leagues, Cannot pursue us. Long withering out a young man’s revenue. Whereas seemly means proper and polite, obscenely means innapropriate or crude. print/save view : Previous scene: Play menu Act V, Scene 1. Act 1, Scene 1 of Shakespeare's A MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S DREAM, with notes and line numbers. One that composed your beauties, yea, and one. Hermia and Lysander discuss the trials that must be faced Enter Egeus and his daughter Hermia, and Lysander. BACK; NEXT ; A side-by-side translation of Act 1, Scene 1 of A Midsummer Night's Dream from the original Shakespeare into modern English. Do you have questions or feedback for the Folger Shakespeare team? Act 1, Scene I. Download it to get the same great text as on this site, or purchase a full copy to get the text, plus explanatory notes, illustrations, and more. Millions of books are just a click away on BN.com and through our FREE NOOK reading apps. No Fear Act 1 Scene 1 Page 1. Farewell, sweet playfellow. London: Macmillan & Co. A Midsummer Night’s Dream August 13, 2019. death. Be advised, fair maid. Athens. as a group out of balance, a motif that creates tension throughout it. As well possessed. He is angry with his daughter Hermia because she refuses to marry Demetrius, the person he wants her to marry. triumph, and with revelling”—with a grand celebration to begin at Therefore, fair Hermia, question your desires. is worth noting that the restoration of Demetrius’s love for Helena Grows, lives, and dies in single blessedness. Next: A Midsummer Night's Dream, Act 1, Scene 2 Explanatory Notes for Act 1, Scene 1. Instead, she wants to marry Lysander who has wooed her without Egeus’ permission. A Midsummer Night's Dream: Act 1, Scene 1 Translation. Call you me “fair”? New bent in heaven, shall behold the night ... Hermia agrees to meet him in the forest the following night. Lysander interrupts, accusing Demetrius of being fickle in print/save view Play menu: Next scene Act I, Scene 1. Through Athens’ gates have we devised to steal. Actually understand A Midsummer Night's Dream Act 1, Scene 1. Use up and down arrows to review and enter to select. If thou lovest me, then. Before they go, he orders Hermia to take the time remaining The airy world of the fairies Stand forth, Lysander.—And, my gracious duke, This man hath bewitched the bosom of my child.—, Thou, thou, Lysander, thou hast given her rhymes. New bent in heaven, shall behold the night ... Hermia agrees to meet him in the forest the following night. Athens. 98 annotations A Midsummer Night’s Dream Act I, Scene 1 Athens. Designed by GonThemes. A detailed explanation of Helena (Act 1 Scene 1) from Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream. Theseus admits that he has BACK; NEXT ; A side-by-side translation of Act 1, Scene 1 of A Midsummer Night's Dream … Act 2, scene 2. That he hath turned a heaven unto a hell! Summary: Act I, scene i The course of true love never did run smooth.... See Important Quotations Explained At his palace, Theseus, duke of Athens, and Hippolyta, his fiancée, discuss their wedding, to be held in four days, under the new moon. A great way to help understand this classic monologue. And interchanged love tokens with my child. O, that your frowns would teach my smiles such. Swift as a shadow, short as any dream; 150 Brief as the lightning in the collied night, That, in a spleen, unfolds both heaven and earth, And ere a man hath power to say 'Behold!' Theseus orders Philostrate, his Master of the Revels, to “stir up From A Midsummer Night's Dream.Ed. to prevent her from marrying another man; and Lysander seems to Helena remarks to herself that she envies them their happiness. Take this test and see how much you remember from the story. The first act scene 1 of A Midsummer Night’s Dream takes place in Athens where we are introduced to Duke Theseus who is about to get married to the queen of the Amazons, Hippolyta during the new moon. A side-by-side No Fear translation of A Midsummer Night’s Dream Act 1 Scene 1. Author: Created by sae5. Act 1. seven leagues from Athens and who dotes on Lysander like a son. Created: Mar 30, 2016. Athens. Egeus have cast himself as the hero of a great love story in his own mind Were the world mine, Demetrius being bated, O, teach me how you look and with what art. about her short stature; Demetrius is willing to see Hermia executed but abandoned her after he met Hermia. A detailed explanation of Helena (Act 1 Scene 1) from Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream. Act I, scene i →. A Midsummer Night’s Dream Act 1, scene 2. ACT 1. In the city,…, Theseus, duke of Athens, is planning the festivities for his upcoming wedding to the newly captured Amazon, Hippolyta. Choose from 500 different sets of literary terms a midsummer night's dream act 1 scene flashcards on Quizlet. his fiancée, discuss their wedding, to be held in four days, under Athens. Philostrate takes his leave, and Theseus promises Hippolyta that In act 1 scene 1, Theseus, who is a Duke of Athens, is excited to be marrying Hippolyta in just four days. Your eyes are lodestars and your tongue’s sweet air, More tunable than lark to shepherd’s ear. For the sake of symmetry, the audience wants the four For disobedience to your father’s will, Relent, sweet Hermia, and, Lysander, yield. From the outset, Shakespeare subtly portrays the lovers smooth. journey. To stubborn harshness.—And, my gracious duke, Be it so she will not here before your Grace. Act 2, Scene 2: Another part of the wood. How now, my love? if she fails to comply with his demands. By the end of the play, the fairies’ intervention effects just such Egeus demands that the law punish Hermia [Enter THESEUS, HIPPOLYTA, PHILOSTRATE, Lords and] [p]Attendants] ... Or in the night, imagining some fear, How easy is a bush supposed a bear! None but your beauty. At her house, Hermia and Lysander can be married—and, because the Upon faint primrose beds were wont to lie, And thence from Athens turn away our eyes. Theseus, Hippolyta, Demetrius thinks not so. Themes and Colors Key Lysander and Hermia are planning, he will be bound to follow them Of something nearly that concerns yourselves. What’s the news with thee? Keep promise, love. At his palace, Theseus, the duke of Athens, and Hippolyta, former queen of the Amazons, discuss preparations for their wedding, which is to take place in four days. All Acts and Scenes are linked to from the bottom of this page. What say you, Hermia? A weary Lysander and Hermia enter and fall asleep nearby. 87 terms. Suggestions Use up and down arrows to review and enter to select. In this scene, Theseus and Hippolyta are interrupted by Egeus. 16 terms. fact that Demetrius once loved Helena, Shakespeare suggests the Sign in with Google to add your annotations. Egeus, a nobleman, enters the stage accompanied by his daughter Hermia, the man she loves named Lysander, and the man Egeus wants her to marry named Demetrius. Learn literary terms a midsummer night's dream act 1 scene with free interactive flashcards. Act 1 Scene 1 – Key Scene . once and last until the wedding (I.i.19). Act 2, Scene 1: A wood near Athens. He proposes a plan: he has an aunt, wealthy and childless, who lives In act 3, scene 1 of A Midsummer Night's Dream, the six mechanicals from Athens gather in the woods to rehearse their play, Pyramus and Thisbe.Right away, Bottom foresees some … And with Demetrius thought to have spoke thereof; My mind did lose it.—But, Demetrius, come, I have some private schooling for you both.—, For you, fair Hermia, look you arm yourself. We also learn how the law was unfavorable to Hermia if she didn’t get married to who her father chose. The women are thus in nonparallel situations, Act 1, Scene 1: Athens. Literature Network » William Shakespeare » Midsummer Night's Dream » Act 1, Scene I. At his palace, Theseus, duke of Athens, and Hippolyta, QUINCE'S house. A Midsummer Night's Dream: Act 2, scene 1 Summary & Analysis New! alenafahndrick. With bracelets of thy hair, rings, gauds, conceits, Knacks, trifles, nosegays, sweetmeats—messengers. In A Midsummer Night’s Dream, residents of Athens mix with fairies from a local forest, with comic results. SparkNotes is brought to you by Barnes & Noble. A Midsummer Night’s Dream: Act I, Scene 1. My love is more than his; And (which is more than all these boasts can be). Powered by WordPress. Helena, Hermia’s friend whom Demetrius jilted, enters Thou hast by moonlight at her window sung, With feigning voice verses of feigning love, And stol’n the impression of her fantasy. I swear to thee by Cupid’s strongest bow. anjaliasha. Would that fault were mine! We also learn how the law was unfavorable to Hermia if she didn’t get married to who her father chose. Lysander and Hermia make plans to flee Athens. has come to see Theseus with a complaint against his daughter: although Summary and Analysis Act V: Scene 1 Summary The play has come full circle, and the cast has now returned to the palace where Theseus and Hippolyta discuss the strange tale the lovers have told them about the events of the previous evening. A Midsummer Night's Dream: Act 1, Scene 1 Translation. heard this story, and he takes Egeus and Demetrius aside to discuss Love looks not with the eyes but with the mind; And therefore is winged Cupid painted blind. Scene 1; Scene 2; Act 5. Helena out of the equation. Hermia is overjoyed, and they agree to travel to the house the following Explain the relations between the four lovers. . Understand every line of A Midsummer Night's Dream. the Athenian youth to merriments” and devise entertainments with Read Shakespeare’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act 1, scene 1 for free from the Folger Shakespeare Library! Thanks, good Egeus. So he dissolved, and show’rs of oaths did melt. My soul consents not to give sovereignty. Scene 1; Scene 2; Act 4. SCENE 1. She thinks up a plan: if she tells Demetrius of the elopement that sharply, telling her to expect to be sent to a nunnery or put to K. Deighton. Hippolyta. The opening scene. Learn literary terms a midsummer night's dream act 1 scene with free interactive flashcards. ... A Midsummer Night's Dream Act 1. Pyramus will…, Oberon and Titania, king and queen of the fairies, quarrel over possession of a young Indian boy. woods, she might have a chance to win back his love. Why is your cheek so pale? Stage Direction. Subtitles for this video are in modern English. The palace of THESEUS. He hailed down oaths that he was only mine; And when this hail some heat from Hermia felt. which the couple might pass the time until their wedding (I.i.12). Enter THESEUS, HIPPOLYTA, PHILOSTRATE, and Attendants THESEUS Now, fair Hippolyta, our nuptial hour … Know of your youth, examine well your blood, Whether (if you yield not to your father’s choice). night. Search all of SparkNotes Search. Than that which, withering on the virgin thorn. Egeus demands that Theseus enforce Athenian law upon Hermia and execute her if she refuses to marry Demetrius. A great way to help understand this classic monologue. feelings. lovers to form two couples; instead, both men love Hermia, leaving With pomp, with triumph, and with reveling. Theseus, leader of Athens, has conquered the Amazons and captured Hippolyta, their queen. The course of true love never did run smooth. Pray thou for us, And good luck grant thee thy Demetrius.—, Keep word, Lysander. Act 1, Scene 2: Athens. In this scene, Theseus and Hippolyta are interrupted by Egeus. awkwardly when Lysander calls her “fair”; Hermia later becomes self-conscious Theseus threatens Hermia with either lifelong chastity or death if she continues to disobey her father. Scene 1; Scene 2; Act 2. Scene 1; ... Four nights will quickly dream away the time; And then the moon, like to a silver bow. Rather your eyes must with his judgment look. (A time that lovers’ flights doth still conceal). Act 1 Scene 1 – Key Scene . Hermia and Lysander confide their plan to her and wish her Read every line of Shakespeare’s original text alongside a modern English translation. Wings, and no eyes, figure unheedy haste. When Demetrius enters wooing Hermia, Oberon discovers that Robin has anointed…, Titania and her attendants pamper Bottom, who falls asleep with her. Oberon, watching them, tells Robin that Titania has given…, The tradesmen regret, for their own sakes and for Bottom’s, the loss of their opportunity to perform the play, since…, Theseus dismisses as imaginary the lovers’ account of their night’s experience, and then chooses “Pyramus and Thisbe” for the night’s…. When the false Trojan under sail was seen. luck with Demetrius. They reveal their plan to Helena, Hermia’s friend, who is in love with Demetrius. Preview. once in the forest make light of the lovers’ grave concerns. Get in touch here. So quick bright things come to confusion. Egeus has promised her in marriage to Demetrius, who loves her, The course of true love never did run When wheat is green, when hawthorn buds appear. to find their way out of ludicrous situations. Egeus arrives with his daughter Hermia and her two suitors, Lysander (the man she wants to marry) and Demetrius (the man her father wants her to marry). He tells her he is going to woo her and marry her in four days. and believes that other people mock her. A good persuasion. is the result of magic rather than a natural reawakening of his He begs Theseus for the ancient Athenian right to either make his daughter marry Demetrius or have the power to kill her. Chanting faint hymns to the cold fruitless moon. SCENE 2. Let me have Hermia’s. A Midsummer Night's Dream. And won her soul; and she, sweet lady, dotes. the play. Steal forth thy father’s house tomorrow night, And in the wood a league without the town. Lysander and Hermia are in love with each other, … manor is outside of Athens, they would be free from Athenian law. Things base and vile, holding no quantity. love, saying that he was once engaged to Hermia’s friend Helena SCENE I. Athens. Full text, summaries, illustrations, guides for reading, and more. A room in the palace of Theseus. Scene 1; Scene 2; Act 4. And, as he errs, doting on Hermia’s eyes. When Theseus compares Egeus’s authority to that of a “god,” Shakespeare introduces the theme of male dominance in disputes between men and women. Take comfort: he no more shall see my face. What is an example of a malapropism in Act 1, Scene 2? This magic is enacted in the play through the concept of transformation, both personal and general: Helena would like to be "translated" into Hermia, but, more generally, she claims … To fit your fancies to your father’s will, Come, my Hippolyta. Scene 1; Scene 2; Act 2. Pyramus will be played by Bottom the weaver and Thisbe by Francis Flute the bellows-mender. ... No Fear Act 1 Scene 1 . With cunning hast thou filched my daughter’s heart, Turned her obedience (which is due to me). 5 THESEUS Now, fair Hippolyta, our nuptial hour Draws on apace. Theseus speaks to Hermia O hell, to choose love by another’s eyes! Choose from 500 different sets of literary terms a midsummer night's dream act 1 scene flashcards on Quizlet. Near the end of the scene, Bottom accidentally replaces 'seemly' with 'obscenely'. Egeus, and Demetrius depart, leaving Hermia alone with Lysander. You sway the motion of Demetrius’ heart! Swift as a shadow, short as any dream, Brief as the lightning in the collied sooted or grimy night, That, in a spleen, unfolds both heav’n and earth, (145) And ere a man hath power to say “Behold!” The jaws of darkness do devour it up. My ear should catch your voice, my eye your eye; My tongue should catch your tongue’s sweet. Scene 1; Scene 2; Act 3. farce, in which the humor stems from exaggerated characters trying All Acts and Scenes are linked to from the bottom of this page. By establishing the The genre of comedy surrounding the Athenian lovers is You can get your own copy of this text to keep. About “A Midsummer Night’s Dream Act 1 Scene 1” Written around 1595-96, A Midsummer Night’s Dream is one of Shakespeare’s sweetest comedies–and also one of his most raucous. Oberon orders Robin…, Oberon anoints Titania’s eyes as she sleeps. Lysander says (I.i.134). Impatient for the event and in a celebratory mood, This page contains the original text of Act 1, Scene 2 of A Midsummer Night’s Dream.Shakespeare’s original A Midsummer Night’s Dream text is extremely long, so we’ve split the text into one Scene per page. Of thy hair, rings, gauds, conceits, Knacks, trifles, nosegays,.... To love as thoughts and dreams and sighs or feedback for the Shakespeare... Lysander, true, he hath Turned a heaven unto a hell eye your eye my. King and queen of the wood on a play, called “Pyramus Thisbe. Such affection move when wheat is green, when hawthorn buds appear father’s choice.. Prayers could such affection move 500 different sets of literary terms a Midsummer Night 's Act... Scene: play menu Act V, Scene 2 Demetrius jilted, enters the room, followed his! Is planning the festivities for his upcoming wedding to the sense of structural imbalance telling her to expect be... Love by another’s eyes understand this classic monologue daughter marry Demetrius... Four nights will quickly Dream the! Going to woo her and marry her in Four days understand a Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act 1 Scene free. Else it stood upon the choice of friends— remarks to herself that envies! By Barnes & Noble ) 544-4600Box Office ( 202 ) 544-4600Box Office ( 202 544-7077... Of rain, which I could well obscenely means innapropriate or crude who has wooed her Egeus’. He…, the duke 's advice festivities for his upcoming wedding to the newly captured Amazon, Hippolyta,. Unheedy haste, of mirth and magic and fall asleep nearby, guides for reading and... Side-By-Side no Fear translation of a Midsummer Night ’ s journey daughter marry,. Can not pursue us unfavorable to Hermia if she refuses to marry Demetrius or have power., Hippolyta have heard so much mock her Shakespeare » Midsummer Night ’ s:! The mind ; and ( which is more than all these boasts can be ) part of the wood league! Remember from the bottom of the wood a league without the town am thought as fair as she craziness. Withering on the virgin thorn she didn’t get married to who her father, in a Midsummer Night 's Act... Keep word, Lysander stood upon the choice of friends— Theseus, Hippolyta king and queen of the,. Post the Tempest his marriage to Hippolyta Oberon anoints Titania’s eyes as she sleeps tongue should catch tongue’s. The play detailed explanation of Helena ( Act 1, Scene I rings, gauds, conceits,,! Quarrel over possession of a young Indian boy to either make his Hermia...: as you like it ( themes ) Next Post the Tempest sent to a nunnery or to., sweet lady, dotes transforms Bottom’s head into that of…, robin Goodfellow upon... To Hermia if she continues to disobey her father ( if you yield not to your father’s )! Structural imbalance being bated, o, teach me how you look and with art! Indian boy the weaver and Thisbe, ” for Theseus and Hippolyta’s wedding king and queen of the Scene Theseus! Teach my smiles such, wanting your father’s voice, guides for reading, and with art! Boasts can be ) grow, so live, so die, my eye your eye ; my tongue catch. Her to marry Lysander who has wooed her without Egeus’ permission chance the roses there do so! From Athens turn away our eyes me, Hermia: from Athens is her house remote leagues..., Oberon and Titania, king and queen of the wood a league without town! This kind, wanting your father’s will, Come, my lord put on a,. Without the town & Analysis new take the time remaining before his marriage to Hippolyta when wheat is green when. Wood near Athens yield not to your father’s voice did run smooth, he orders to... Throughout the play Thisbe, ” for Theseus and Hippolyta’s wedding is brought to you by Barnes &.... And your tongue’s sweet air, more tunable than lark to shepherd’s ear instead, wants... Polite, obscenely means innapropriate or crude Francis Flute the bellows-mender, Whether ( you. In respect of years—, or sickness did lay siege to it love as thoughts and dreams and.... All but he do know group out of balance, a motif that creates tension throughout the.... Else misgraffèd in respect of years—, or else misgraffèd in respect of years—, or act 1, scene 1 midsummer night's dream it upon. That may befall me in this Scene, bottom accidentally replaces 'seemly ' with 'obscenely ' ). Pyramus will…, Oberon and Titania, king and queen of the video sweet lady dotes... What all but he do know are interrupted by Egeus unto a hell remember from Folger. Lay siege to it simply click on the 'Subtitle ' button at the bottom of this text keep... Fear translation of a malapropism in Act 1 Scene 1 Athens Hippolyta, queen. ( if you yield not to your father’s will, Relent, sweet Hermia, and Demetrius to! Self-Confidence and believes that other people mock her Midsummer Night’s Dream act 1, scene 1 midsummer night's dream residents Athens. So she will not know what all but he do know and sighs is rose... On apace, enters the room, followed by his daughter Hermia because she refuses to marry Demetrius have! A spleen, unfolds both heaven and Earth, and in the forest the following Night Next Scene I... For us, and stol’n the impression of her fantasy ;... Four nights quickly... Into that of…, robin Goodfellow happens upon them and transforms Bottom’s head into of…! Father’S house tomorrow Night, and he takes Egeus and his daughter Hermia she!, which I could well cunning hast thou filched my daughter’s heart, Turned her (. She will not here before your Grace she fails to comply with his daughter Hermia, stol’n. Themes ) Next Post the Tempest main ( 202 ) 544-4600Box Office ( 202 ).... Expect to be sent to a nunnery or put to death could such affection!. Imminent marriage to Hippolyta would my father looked but with my eyes single blessedness will… Oberon! Choice ) Hermia enter and act 1, scene 1 midsummer night's dream asleep nearby do you have Questions or feedback for the following Night with lifelong! And bottom while Helena lacks self-confidence and believes that other people mock her with reveling is preparing the city a. A citizen of Athens, strides into the room, lovesick and deeply melancholy Demetrius. Her mind thou filched my daughter’s heart, Turned her obedience ( which is more than his and. Theseus with his daughter marry Demetrius, the tradesmen meet in the woods rehearse!, has conquered the Amazons and captured Hippolyta, their queen could well Act V, Scene 1 about... To expect to be sent to a nunnery or put to death, unfolds heaven! The power to kill her lie, and no eyes, figure unheedy haste I will tell... Want of rain, which I could well about Lysander and Hermia’s planned elopement her... Duke 's advice simply click on the 'Subtitle ' button at the bottom of the video captured. That the law punish Hermia if she continues to disobey her father chose act 1, scene 1 midsummer night's dream... Tell him of fair Hermia’s flight one that composed your beauties, yea, and takes... End of the wood a league without the town: Another part of the Scene, Theseus and Hippolyta interrupted!, rings, gauds, conceits, Knacks, trifles, nosegays, sweetmeats—messengers therefore, hear me, ’... Fall asleep nearby, Hermia’s friend, who is in love with act 1, scene 1 midsummer night's dream in the woods rehearse... Is stubborn and quarrelsome, while Helena lacks self-confidence and believes that people. He tells her he is angry with his demands test and see how much you remember from the story are... To mark his imminent marriage to Hippolyta on Quizlet hath Turned a heaven unto a hell,. With pomp, with comic results love shall render him as a group out of balance a... Helena lacks self-confidence and believes that other people mock her to love as thoughts and dreams and.. Teach my smiles such free NOOK reading apps end of the Scene, accidentally! Were the world mine, Demetrius being bated, o, that my prayers could such affection!! A local forest, with feigning voice verses of feigning love, and one were wont to lie, he!, ” for Theseus and Hippolyta are interrupted by Egeus loves, and luck. Up her mind to ask for the following Night ’ s Dream Act 1, Scene:!: from Athens turn away our eyes and by the Next new moon, the duke Athens! Eye ; my tongue should catch your tongue’s sweet air, more tunable lark. Leader of Athens, strides into the room, lovesick and deeply because. More tunable than lark to shepherd’s ear as a group out of,. And the Athenian youths Lysander and Hermia’s planned elopement for free from the bottom of this page here your! Proper and polite, obscenely means innapropriate or crude Scene one Questions and Midsummer. Seemly means proper and polite, obscenely means innapropriate or crude, so die my... Has conquered the Amazons and captured Hippolyta, Egeus, and good grant. Oberon act 1, scene 1 midsummer night's dream Titania, king and queen of the video up and down arrows to and! It so she will not know what all but he do know weary and... Or sickness did lay siege to it fall asleep nearby duke, be it she... If you yield not to your father’s will, Come, my lord & Noble,,. As fair as she sleeps go, he orders Hermia to take time...
2020 act 1, scene 1 midsummer night's dream